Thread: Still clicking...

Default Still clicking...

2 days ago, I started my 5 weeker on cipro. She is eating fine, despite still being congested, peeing and pooping normally, and is not lethargic(roots in her covers, scratches itches and attempts to clean her face). However, she is still clicking. Do I need to give meds more time? I just don't want to miss anything. She eats esbilac formula (powder mixed 1 formula 2 water), cage half on heating pad. I am using miracle nipples and 1cc syringe and feeding super slow...she seems to get frustrated at me bc I give it so slow, but I don't want her choking. Wondering if this could be viral? I really appreciate all the input.

Default Re: Still clicking...

Is the clicking with every breath? Sometimes they make little noises with their mouth that might be mistaken for clicking. If it is with every breath, I would give the antibiotic more time. I would be more concerned if she was lethargic and had loss of appetite. The 3 things together... clicking, lethargy, loss of appetite ... are the symptoms of AP. Continue the antibiotics and see if thing improve.

Thanks for responding. I did see a bit of improvement with her last feeding. She didn't seem as congested, but still clicking ...maybe a bit quieter? She is such a fiesty little thing and I can't wait for her to be all better!!!

Not all squirrels are created equal...
    Some may stop clicking in a day or two, others take longer.
    I assume her treatment is at least 7 days? You may want to go 10.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator