Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chewing or scratching off skin around legs

Default Re: Chewing or scratching off skin around legs

I tried wrapping him up with much thinner layers than what i did yesterday.

Name:  20180906_063827.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  70.2 KB

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to WhistlingPete from:

TubeDriver (09-06-2018)

Please PM SammysMom about her generous offer. Just maybe this is one bad episode and some Gabapentin can get him though this and allow him some more quality time with you. Some people are on Gabapentin for long periods of time for nerve related pain. I would still get some kitten Revolution and him a single, small drop orally to treat for most external parasites (and some internal ones too).

If this can't be stopped, then only you will know when it comes to the time to help end Petey's suffering. But I think you have several treatment options to try first IMHO.

Petey
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Rest in peace, little Petey.

I took him to the vet and she was very kind. She gave me some suggestions, the same you all had suggested. But she did show me the spots that he had urine scalding. Even if I could get him to stop chewing, it would have been almost impossible to keep the urine off of him and out of his wounds. I've been trying things for awhile to keep him clean and safe and he lived a nice long life of luxury.

Thank you all for your help these 5 years.

Blessings,
    Jennifer

Name:  petey_onmyfeet.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  94.1 KBName:  petey_justwokeup.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  101.6 KB

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to WhistlingPete from:

TubeDriver (09-06-2018)

Awww... you gave Petey a long and happy life. I remember how hard you worked at finding ways of keeping him happy, his little boxes of digging dirt, sleeping in your dresser drawers and so forth.

You saved him from suffering too much at the end of a long, long happy life.

Godspeed little ground squirrel Petey.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Oh, I am so very sorry. I loved Petey. You probably thought I was a crazy stalker person, the way I always jumped on his posts.

It was a difficult choice, I know. I am just so sorry it had to come so soon - not for him, I know, but we want them all to live forever.

This is the pic that got me. My heart got stuck on that burr on his little paw and I never did get it loose.

RIP, Petey. I am so very sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I just found your thread on Petey; I had been wondering how he was doing. So sad to hear he had passed.

What a special boy you were blest with, a special companion for part of the journey. He will long be remembered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12