Thread: Concerns of Aspiration Pneumonia

TrueTaurus Guest

Exclamation Concerns of Aspiration Pneumonia

Hello all~

I have two eastern gray babies believed to almost be about 5 weeks, if that. Unfortunately, Spice is a bit of a ravenous eater and has raised concerns considering about an hour after a decent feeding time, a light popping noise could be heard from poor Spice. In home I have Cirpro 500 mg I found last minute. Spice is a lovely 83.0 g, but haven’t any idea how to dose it. Recently lost his brother Sage to AP, it was so quick I didn’t know until it was too late. I’d hate for that to happen again and of course turn the TSB for the best advice.

As much as I’d like to “wait and see” I’d rarher be safe than sorry.

Default Re: Concerns of Aspiration Pneumonia

Quote Originally Posted by TrueTaurus View Post
    Hello all~

I have two eastern gray babies believed to almost be about 5 weeks, if that. Unfortunately, Spice is a bit of a ravenous eater and has raised concerns considering about an hour after a decent feeding time, a light popping noise could be heard from poor Spice. In home I have Cirpro 500 mg I found last minute. Spice is a lovely 83.0 g, but haven’t any idea how to dose it. Recently lost his brother Sage to AP, it was so quick I didn’t know until it was too late. I’d hate for that to happen again and of course turn the TSB for the best advice.

As much as I’d like to “wait and see” I’d rarher be safe than sorry.
    I will send you dosing in a private message. (top left of screen)

What size syringe have you been feeding with?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.