Thread: Looking for rehabber that is in Ohio

Louann77 Guest

Default Looking for rehabber that is in Ohio

Hello I am looking for a rehab person that can help with a little squirrel that was brought to me. The kids of the neighborhood tackled a small squirrel from a cat. The little girls nose and mouth was bloody and I took it in. I have finally gotten her to eat the goats milk.

She has her eyes open but for the most part doesn’t put a lot of pressure on her back legs. She weighs 115 grams.

Anyway I am in an apartment complex and I can’t keep her. I foster kittens and cats and I know for her to be released she doesn’t need to get use to them. I also do not want to get attached more than I am.

Can someone please help.

Default Re: Looking for rehabber that is in Ohio

This little one is going to need antibiotics ASAP. Cat saliva is deadly to a squirrel. How long have you had her?

I'm posting for you in the emergency thread. I don't know if anyone would have seen this in the welcome thread. Hopefully someone will be along to help soon.

Louann77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    This little one is going to need antibiotics ASAP. Cat saliva is deadly to a squirrel. How long have you had her?

I'm posting for you in the emergency thread. I don't know if anyone would have seen this in the welcome thread. Hopefully someone will be along to help soon.
    Thank you. I’ve had her since Friday. What antibiotics can she have and where can I get them?

I don’t know anything about squirrels but I know I don’t like the breathing it’s a lot of belly breathing and fast, no clicking though. I know I don’t like the way she carryies her back legs. It’s like she only uses them if she absolutely has to.

Louann77 Guest

Name:  314C3AFE-3F51-4BDB-99DA-83C41D880603.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  104.0 KB

I'm not 100% certain what antibiotics she needs. Hopefully a licensed rehabber will see your post soon and be able to help you more effectively. In the meantime, do you have any antibiotics at all around the house? Any left over that you or a family member didn't finish, or anything that was given to a pet? Ask around to family and friends if you can. However, please DO NOT attempt to give her anything until a rehabber has given you the correct dosage.

What are you feeding her, and where are you keeping her? Does she have any visible injuries?

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to gbrown from:

redwuff (08-26-2018)

Can you get a tablet of Ciprofloxicin (a human med) or Baytril (an animal med). Or Augmenten (human) or clavamox (animal)
    Please visit this site for basics on care, housing and feeding: https://www.henryspets.com/baby-squirrel-care/

What area of OH?

Louann77 Guest

Columbus south side

Louann77 Guest

She does not have any visible injuries.

Often it is hard to see a puncture wound from a cat. Hard to tell if Back leg issue is from cat or a possible fall from nest. Please try to get antibiotics.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

What happened with this little squirrel? We’re you able to get meds? Did you start another thread? Do you still need a rehabber?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.