Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Is Bloated

Default Re: How Much Should I Feed This Little Guy

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    Did he gain from the last weigh in? Please just weigh once a day, preferably at the same time, under the same circumstances.
    Yes he did he gain weight. I actually just weighed him and he weighs 20 grams.

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to awhelchel:

cava (08-23-2018), Spanky (08-23-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by awhelchel View Post
    Rocky is being fed 10% of his body weight currently. He is fed every 3hrs, this includes night time as well. The Ultra Boost is expected to arrive Friday. I'm giving him 2 parts water to 1 part powdered formula and 1/4 tsp whipping cream, just until the Ultra Boost gets here.
    How are Rocky's poops?

(I know, gross right? But I am compelled to ask the question since all too often its the tale of the poop that uncovers issues!).

Is it firm, but not too hard? Soft but not too loose?

What color is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    How are Rocky's poops?

(I know, gross right? But I am compelled to ask the question since all too often its the tale of the poop that uncovers issues!).

Is it firm, but not too hard? Soft but not too loose?

What color is it?

It is firm but not hard. And it looks like little dark pellets.

And it looks like little dark pellets.
    Brown? Black? Green?

Brown? Black? Green?
    It is mostly a dark brown. Every once in awhile it is a dark mustard brown but it is mostly dark brown.

OH please post a pic of his poo. It should be mustard yellow when on Esbilac. If you squish one, wipe and spread on a white paper towel and add a few drops of water, let us know if it looks like the "brown" is blood in the stool as it rings outward. A good way to check for blood when you have no way to test.

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to cava:

DanC (09-26-2018), redwuff (08-23-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by cava View Post
    OH please post a pic of his poo. It should be mustard yellow when on Esbilac. If you squish one, wipe and spread on a white paper towel and add a few drops of water, let us know if it looks like the "brown" is blood in the stool as it rings outward. A good way to check for blood when you have no way to test.
    He actually just had a small one. I did go ahead and add a few drops of water to it and nothing. Now it looked brown coming from his bottom but smearing it, it was mustard brown.Name:  20180823_171056.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  23.6 KB

10. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to awhelchel:

cava (08-23-2018), DanC (09-26-2018)

Oh that's totally a dark mustard color. When you said brown I pictured BROWN.

Oh that's totally a dark mustard color. When you said brown I pictured BROWN.
    I should have been more clear, I'm very sorry about that. When it comes out of his bottom it does look like a little dark brown pellet, the one I posted a picture of was the exact same way. But whenever his poop gets smeared it is the dark mustard color. Very rarely when it comes out of his bottom is it visibly the mustard color it isn't until it gets smeared that you actually can tell it's a mustard brown.

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to awhelchel from:

cava (08-23-2018)

During the day I have been in a non internet zone. This will continue for awhile.

Hope your little man is doing ok. I noticed that in a previous post you said your container weighed 9 g. The button in the middle of your scale zeros out anything you put on it. So zero out the container and any fleece that is in it, then you can get the true reading on the baby without having to subtract it.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

15. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

DanC (09-26-2018), Spanky (08-24-2018), UDoWhat (04-08-2019)

Brown? Black? Green?
    It is mostly a dark brown. Every once in awhile it is a dark mustard brown but it is mostly dark brown.
    So you know, I was asking because his poop should be that dark mustard brown when you are feeding Esbilac.

Lighter, whitish colored poop can indicate overfeeding (as with white loose or watery stools).

Darker can be other issues, like blood as Cava shared (thank you Cava).

Green (and yellow) can be indicative of parasites or bacteria infections. (Thank goodness it was not green or yellow... cause someone probably would have what it smells like!!! )

Keep up the good work!

17. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

cava (08-24-2018), DanC (09-26-2018)

Default Rocky Not Urinating

I'm needing some help. It has been almost 24 hours and Rocky hasn't urinated. I of course help stimulate him to urinate using warm, not hot,water. I have tried before and during feedings. Some advice is desperately needed.

Default Re: Rocky Not Urinating

Rocky is the tiny little guy? Let's keep all of your stuff in one thread so we don't have to keep asking the same questions.

Rocky is the tiny little guy? Let's keep all of your stuff in one thread so we don't have to keep asking the same questions.
    Yeah he's my little fella I've been asking abaout. Ok I figured since it was a different issue a new thread would have to be made. I'm sorry. Do you want me to go retype over there?

Yeah, I'll follow you over.

I'm needing some help. It has been almost 24 hours and Rocky hasn't urinated. I of course help stimulate him to urinate using warm, not hot, water. I have tried before, during and after feedings. Some advice is desperately needed.

Are you sure he isn't urinating on his own? Does his belly under his penis look distended?

Is he eating normally and are there any other signs of dehydration like tenting of the skin?

Are you sure he isn't urinating on his own? Does his belly under his penis look distended?

Is he eating normally and are there any other signs of dehydration like tenting of the skin?
    He doesn't have the signs of dehydration, he has been eating all of his food during his feedings. The area under his penis is not distended. As far as urinating on his own that one I am not 100% sure off.

I've had some babies who don't go with a warm water cotton ball because it gets cold before they go and then they clam up. I find that using a wet finger tip works well. Also, sometimes touching directly on the penis is too much stimulation, sometimes just making contact with the little hairs that grow off the end can make them go. Also, I stimulate the area around the penis, on the belly, like mom would groom and sometimes that helps them go too.

I've had some babies who don't go with a warm water cotton ball because it gets cold before they go and then they clam up. I find that using a wet finger tip works well. Also, sometimes touching directly on the penis is too much stimulation, sometimes just making contact with the little hairs that grow off the end can make them go. Also, I stimulate the area around the penis, on the belly, like mom would groom and sometimes that helps them go too.
    Thank you I will definetly give this a try. I appreciate your help!! If I have anymore questions regarding Rocky I will make sure and just stay on this thread.

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to awhelchel from:

cava (08-24-2018)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast