Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken today

Hybrid View

Default Broken today

This isn’t the place for this post, I know it belongs lower down under a different title . I just can’t accept it yet. When I’m able to pull it together, I would like to share some of my favorite pictures. I don’t know even know faces or names here, but this group has guided me faithfully every step of the way with my special sweet girl. She wouldn’t have lived this long without your help for her seizures. But I’m still struggling with the same question so many ask, why her?? Why so soon??? I still need her God! She has been my comfort, my therapist after a horrible day at work, or days of conflict with kids and husband. In all my years, of all the pets and critters I grew up with, and presently have, I have to say I’ve never loved an animal as much as I do her. She was my best friend outside of my kids and husband. Thank you for getting me started ; and answering all my questions about her care, and for the ones she left behind.
    Your paw prints will be on my heart forever sweet Snickers ; tears and words could never express the gratitude for the privilege of knowing you if only a few short years. You are more than flesh and blood. You are not just a body, wrapped in your favorite nighttime blanket , placed carefully in a chest, and buried under the oak in our yard. You are an angel in heaven now. I have to believe that; how could this bond be explained any other way? So I refuse to say goodbye. I will not. I will say, I’ll see you again on the other side.

2. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

Buddy (10-15-2020), Diggie's Friend (08-24-2020), island rehabber (08-25-2019), jgray (08-25-2021), Rock Monkey (10-16-2020), stepnstone (08-25-2020), TubeDriver (04-03-2019)

Default Re: Broken today

I think what strengthens the bond is that they are on our shoulder, we wipe our face on their fur, they easily land in our arms and can lay for a snuggle, they have those eyes that look into ours when we talk to them.

I'm sorry you are struggling. Peace, friend.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to cava from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

Each if us knows, or will someday know, the pain you are struggling with. I pray God takes some of it from you with time. Until then, we are here to listen and understand.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

I'm so sorry about precious Snickers. The pain you're in must be horrible. We're here for you to cry with, remember her, and love her now just as much as before

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to DarkLies212 from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

Oh I am so sorry. Knowing that day will come is the hardest concept to grasp. I know everyday with my girl is a gift. Please know that we are here to be of comfort and that our arms are virtually and spiritually wrapped around you. Much love

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Crystal from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

I am so very sorry. . I know the loss is overwhelming and I pray that as time passes it becomes easier to think about your precious Snickers and what the two of you shared. I hope someday soon the squirrel size hole in your heart won’t be so painful. Snickers

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

Oh Marie, I am so sorry. I can feel your broken heart from a thousand miles away.
    I know that words are so hollow right now but every day that Snickers lived was a gift that you gave her and the love she gave was her gift in return. Snickers was special in so many way but unfortunately those 'special' ones wound us even deeper when they depart. We all understand that sorrow. So, so sorry about your Snickers.

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

I am very sorry for your loss.

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to BCChins from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

Name:  7A2095AC-0200-4823-B203-7BBCDD17BCB2.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  108.6 KB
    Name:  7DE5637C-223D-4958-9FC6-638176ECF73A.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  74.5 KB
    Name:  8BEBFDFB-1228-477F-A97B-766669804D6D.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  93.9 KB
    Name:  A8108A79-EFDD-4327-A9BD-76F5AF899FD6.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  91.9 KB
    Name:  3186090F-06B1-497A-B9EB-B4C559D2D07B.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  97.8 KB
    Name:  641282C9-993F-4496-8ECD-DF1840885DE7.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  81.2 KB
    Name:  5ABAEADA-47D4-4181-B6A2-303B7D8A92D5.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  102.6 KB
    Name:  05912144-4234-4A18-9C64-10DDCC96E017.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  67.8 KB
    Name:  92DCA399-939C-4BB6-B289-B2A3309DAC29.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  97.6 KB
    Thank you TSB friends for helping make these moments possible

18. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

Buddy (10-15-2020), cava (08-26-2018), Grinderhead (08-25-2018), island rehabber (08-25-2018), TubeDriver (04-03-2019)

I am deeply deeply sorry for your loss.
    Squirrels are special and so is the gift of being loved by one,
    but it makes the pain that much deeper when they leaves us.
    Sending Love to you.

20. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RamaMama from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

I was asked and should have given more information ;as to her cause of death, I don’t know. She has faithfully taken her Keppra twice daily. She never would eat the almonds well. Even in boo balls. I tried to minimize her time in the community room as there are branches she could potentially fall from during an episode . And every night ( and some daytime hours) she would come inside. As of late she has had very few breakthroughs. I did notice she had increased in her circling tics, but I’ve seen this happen every fall. Not sure why . Yesterday AM she ate her blocks and veggies, pancaked on a perch in the bath. Then she went to he door to go out. My husband and I had reservations for a rare datnight so I fed everyone a bit early, with plans to bring her in and tuck in (after keppra) in her nighttime nest in our bathroom. I fed the fawns, the horses etc. first because she is easier to medicate when sleepy. But when I found her , sprawled on the floor , I just assumed it had just happened. But she was already cold, even, stiffening . She died alone . I always, always could pull her through a seizure;gently holding wrapped in fleece, singing her theme song “Snicker Doodle Dandies “; even falling asleep with her the bed if was wee hours. Never , ever expected it to kill her (??) And if she had fallen, I expect I would have seen blood from nose? Scratches on head, as in the past.. Have others held a post seizure squirrel, and it just, die?? Do they always die young??I just hate , HATE, that I wasn’t here for her. I sat on the bath floor where her nest is. Held her two hours; stroking her , kisses, begging her to wake up. I knew; but just hoped beyond reason for a miracle . Jon finally had to take her from me. Wrapped her in favorite pink blankeie, and placed her in a special memory box I kept my most treasured things. He buried her under the oak tree .
    I did crack and offer them some still green hickory nuts , but she didn’t seem to like them, maybe nibbled some. But Dandies and Doodles tore them up, and they both seem fine; that would t have caused this would it??

22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

TubeDriver (04-03-2019)

I just read this also' I'm so saddened by the loss of your sweet dear one.

Our boy passed after a cluster of seizures, but wasn't conscious. It is written that the spirit God has made returns to Him who made it. She wasn't alone.

May the Creator of all things who called her into being hold her in the palms of His hands today; and in your grief and sadness hold and comfort you.

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

I will echo the sadness and sympathy that everyone else has here, reading about this sad sad day in your life. I feel particularly saddened for you, Snicker Bar, because I'm the mom of a seizure squirrel too and I know that fear. We are on borrowed time with these precious ones......every seizure takes them from us, mocks us, and then gives them back to us again. Until that one awful day when we don't get them back. Please accept my deepest sympathies and tears, but remember that you will see her again and she will be whole.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

26. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

I am sitting here, crying, remembering sweet gentle times along with you and I hope the Creator offers you sweet memories to relive tonite, loving memories of your little darling Snickers. Maybe she will come visit you in your dreams?

Please know that you are not alone with your grief. So so many of us here have had to say goodbye to the most precious creatures, lives cut much too short and yet ever more special to us. That is why I know that tonite you will have many thinking of you, sending warm thoughts and hugs, and I know that Hami will be right beside Snickers up there, along with many, many friends as she waits for the day you two will be reunited.

"In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

28. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Scooterzmom:

Diggie's Friend (10-16-2020), GoldenEyes (08-25-2019), Nancy in New York (08-25-2019), Snicker Bar (08-25-2019)

See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

30. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

Diggie's Friend (08-24-2020), Snicker Bar (08-25-2019)

I just want to let you know I haven’t forgotten you sweet girl. It doesn’t matter how many days, months , or years will come and go. You will forever be present in the Here and Now , in my heart. I hope you can see this little rascal “Mr Sleepy Swallows” doing cartwheels in the trees! Look what you started Snickers; look what you’ve done to me? Would I have ever believed I’d be sitting out here , in the woods in the heat and humidity, desperately looking up into the branches?? Looking for a sighting of his brother, or Toot, or Faith, or the Trio from last spring?? You’ve inspired me to go beyond my comfort zone. You’re teaching me it’s OK to let go...Please don’t quit teaching me!! I still need you; it’s still so hard ! Even now I’m beginning to feel the worry overwhelm the joy of success, simply because I can’t see them all everyday.
    It’s at times like this I have to go back to my beliefs, my faith. Back to the Bible verse that is now an anchor to my soul in times of doubt : “ Now Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we cannot see.” Even if emotions try to shipwreck it, I refuse to let go of my faith. I will choose to be sure of my hope to be reunited with you, Snickers; and with all the others I love that have crossed over. I will choose to be certain I will see you with new eyes on that amazing Day to come.
    Please watch over my boys that just went to the trees two days ago. Please watch over my Toot and Faith that left earlier this summer... Haven’t seen them for some time . Tell Trio boys to be kind to these new youngsters. Ask Him
    permission to be their guardian Angel. They have their instincts, yes; but a helper might make their mom feel better .
    Love you, until next time .

Name:  5715A2C5-B72D-4189-94B4-A2C5FDA2D9E5.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  74.5 KB

32. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

Chirps (08-24-2020), Diggie's Friend (08-24-2020), Milo's Mom (08-25-2020), Nancy in New York (08-24-2020), TubeDriver (08-24-2020)

Snicker Bar Marie

34. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Snicker Bar (08-24-2020)

Beautiful pics Marie. I think the first pic says it all.... not just any friend.
    She was that 'one' that captured your heart forever.

36. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

I just saw this now. I have no words to express how sorry I am for your loss. As I read your words it was like hearing myself speak - as I did before - and I know you have an army of friends here who know exactly what I mean for having been there too. It doesn't make your pain any less, but maybe knowing that you can share it might lighten your burden.
    I wish I could offer you my shoulder, to rest your head on and let the tears flow.
    We all are here sharing your grief, remembereing your sweetie Snicker, praying that time will bring the smiles back on your lips as all the happy memories return. She is indeed an angel now and I believe they never leave us...

Go with the angels, darling Snicker. Go be all that you can be now, play all that you want, and meet all those new friends who are there waiting for all of us. Just know that always, always your momma will love you.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

38. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

My prayers are with you

40. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rianna from:

Snicker Bar (08-25-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast