Hey. I am a first time poster so please pardon any mistakes I make in this post. I have a B.S. in Animal Science and my wife is a licensed rehabber and we have a great deal of experience with wildlife and donesticated animals. We are posting because we have come across a few problems we haven't encountered previously.

We have a baby Eastern Grey Squirrel that was brought in by the cat a couple days ago. He has no punctures but had a couple tiny scratches that we applied antibiotic ointment to. He appears to be in the 2-3 week age range and seems to be doing mostly well.

We started by rehydrating him with Pedialyte. He perked up and seemed to be feeling better. However, he has very wrinkly skin. It has pretty good turgor but is still very wrinkly. At first we thought he was still dehydrated but that doesn't make much sense.

Could the wrinkly skin be because he is underweight?

Another potential problem is that he seems to have weakness in his back legs. They're not paralyzed and he does use them to push himself along. We know about MBD and the dangers it presents. Could this be caused by anything else? Possibly also due to malnutrition?

We want to give him some calcium but are unsure of the best way. We tried with TUMS but couldn't get it to dissolve in water. We have Calcium Gluconate but are unsure if this is completely safe for him to take orally. What is the best way to get him calcium if needed? He is on Fox Valley formula.

Lastly, I believe, is that his Urine is Crystal clear. Not even a hint of yellow. Should we be worried about Kidney issues or anything else or is it most likely due to the amount of oral fluids we are giving him?

Thank you so much for any responses you leave or links you share. We truly appreciate it.