Thread: Hi Im new but need HELP ASAP for my Gordo

Gargola40 Guest

Default Hi Im new but need HELP ASAP for my Gordo

My name is Milagros ,I will tell you my history later ,I raised two new born grey pinkies ,male and female ,I release them in front of my house so they always come to be feed they are almost 2 years ,2 weeks ago I noticed he was getting bald some parts ,y try ivecmectrin and some kitten flea and thick on the baxk of his neck ,he was ok ,but he didnot come 3 days,ago ,he comes today in a very bad condition ,I tried to catch him almost imposible even as he was so weak,this evening he return,I asume was so hungry and thirsty we tried to catch him he go up to a tree ,he looks so agitated, After a while he fell down from the tree ,so sad,so I trap.him in a plastic cage ,clean up his nose that was cloged with dry boogers, so in pain to breath ,so I supossedhe have pneumonia ,I hidrate him with unflavored pedyalite,and I have a piece of medicine antibiotic I cant remenber the name but I treat him for something like this but mild last year ,i disolve some in pedyalite and gave it to him ,hes breatging is so loud and rapid ,his stomach goes up and down and his nose sounds like when we have bad allergies ,he is letargis and dont even can defend him self ,but after sleping like 20 minutes he walks a little and then fols dawn again,he is so weak.,please HELP ME I dont want to give up ,I also put some raw coconut oil on the,skin.help me friends he is like my baby .

Default Re: Hi Im new but need HELP ASAP for my Gordo

Do not give any more medicine without dosing help. You need to know what the medicine is and the strength.
    What kind of flea medicine did you put on him and how much?
    No matter what it was, please keep hydrating him. If he has something in him that is toxic, pedialyte might help flush it out of him.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SammysMom:

island rehabber (07-08-2018), KarmaKay (07-12-2018)

I am so sorry your boy is in bad shape. It is possible that he has parasites in his system, and so many that they are severely affecting his health. Pneumonia is also possible, either as the osle cause of his illness or something that also happened because he was weak to begin with. See if there are any worms or pieces of worm in his poop. This is one way to detect parasites but some of them are not visible. We have members in Virginia who may be able to help -- I will reach out to them. What part of the state are you in?

You are wise to keep him hydrated and in a warm, safe environment while we figure out what is going on. Do you have a nebulizer by any chance, to help him breathe? You can even take hi m into a steamy bathroom, with the hot shower running, to help loosen up the gunk in his nose and lungs.

What antibiotics do you have on hand? You need the good stuff: doxycycline, Baytril, etc
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Gargola40 Guest

Default Hi Im new but need HELP ASAP for my Gordo

Hi Gordo is,a male 2 years old ,I raise him since newborn,then release him outside front of my house ,he comes often for nuts and avocado,2 weeks,ago I noticed he,was some bald patches he didnot com3 in 3 days he comes today in a very bad condition,so weak ,dificult to breath and very agotated and letargic,I try to catch him almost imposible at evening he come again ,probably so hungry and thirsty, try to catch him again and I cant ,he go up to a tree and after a while he fell down and was unable to walk or move ,I take him on his little cage from when he was baby and take inside home ,he looks kind od astma,attack,breathing with his stomach,rapidly, his nose sound cloged actually was cause I cleaned up with tissue and warm water and removed a lot pf dry boogers,he cuts his mouth a little cause the impact to the ground ,I gave him unflavored pedyalite ,like 1 syringe, put raw coconut oil on the skin damage ,is not crusty just bald ,and gave him some antibiotic I cant remember the name but I treat him for something lije this last year but really mild,I think is pneumonia as I read all the blogs possible now ,he sleeps for like 20 minutes then he is walking a little trying to scape I think then fall on weakness and sleep again,what can I do?what can I do for him to get strong I mean he needs to eat please HELP ME I dont want to give up ,he is my baby is really painfull to me seing him suffering

Milagros, I merged your threads together to make it easier for us to respond to you. Stick with this thread,. ok, and keep refreshing your screen to see all the responses. What FLEA MEDICINE did you put on him, and what kind of antibiotics do you have? A Sammys Mom said, please don't give him any more medicine until we figure out what is going on with him.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

I just replied to this poster in a Cipro dosing thread. If he replies, please merge. I did not see this.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.