Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 week old indian palm squirrel

Default Re: 2 week old indian palm squirrel

Where I can find vitamin mix for the squirrel blocks. Please help

Now they are on royal canine babydog formula. I am diluting it 1:4 formula:water. And adding boiled egg yolk around 1/8th of the egg and some 3/4tsp of rice based baby cereal

Quote Originally Posted by Nid View Post
    Now they are on royal canine babydog formula. I am diluting it 1:4 formula:water. And adding boiled egg yolk around 1/8th of the egg and some 3/4tsp of rice based baby cereal
    You should bring that ratio up to 1 part formula 2 parts water, in order for them to get the full nutrition needed.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Can you send some pictures of your babies? In the States we get vitamins from Henry’s Healthy Pets. I guess vitamins could be shipped to India but the postage may be really expensive. Check the nutrition section and see if you can find a comparable animal vitamin. I found an avien vitamin once that was close—not enough calcium but something. What sort of rodent blocks can you get there (if you CAN).

I am not able to find any rodent block. Only some calcium block for teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    You should bring that ratio up to 1 part formula 2 parts water, in order for them to get the full nutrition needed.
    I still have to mix egg, yogurt and baby cereal?

Post Re: 2 week old indian palm squirrel

I am not able to find any rodent block. Only some calcium block for teeth.
    Hi Nid,

In India the best thing to buy for the squirrels as food would be Choostix Petasure Lactocer for Puppy and Kitten Milk. You can get it from Amazon India. For milk Royal Canin seems fine.

For the 1CC syringe/or any other syringe you can get it at any local pharmacy shop which are plenty in your area.

For rehydration you can use simple WHO ORS widely available at any pharmacy or given free at govt dispensaries. Same dilution as for human adults is fine. It is the osmoles that matter brand is irrelevant. Do not use D5W. Normal Saline or Ringer Lactate would be better options. Pedialyte name is a misnomer as it can be used in any age group regardless of what is written on the label.

As the temperature there is quite warm already do not put them in too many towels as the babies will overheat. Ventilation is very important.

If you can afford you can order fortidiet 5 lbs pack(approx 2.2 kg) = 8 USD https://www.amazon.com/Kaytee-Forti-...ortidiet+mouse from Amazon USA as some sellers ship it to India (Rs 550 plus shipping compared to Rs 8000 if you buy it from someone in India). It will be way cheaper than anything you can find in India. I would visit the local vet clinic and check with them what they use for rodents. You can also buy EBSILAC from Amazon USA or some other websites as I checked some sellers ship to India. Note however to expect a 4-6 week period for delivery no matter what shipping you choose unless you use FEDEX or UPS which will be not worth it. I send many packets to India and I know the costs very well. Good option in-case you may need these in the future just find the cheapest and get them shipped via normal mail.

USPS is the cheapest option and basically the shipping is more expensive than the products in most cases. I would send you 10 pounds of fortidiet rodent blocks if you would be willing to pay for the shipping. I will also add in a box of EBSILAC. That is the best I can do. I am expecting a shipping cost of 60-70 USD for these based on my experience but due to the weight it could be more. I can check with my local USPS if you get interested in my offer. Shipping is a killer to India sadly.

Do you have any contact in Himachal Pradesh or Chandigarh area?

Best.
    Last edited by ZONITIUM; 07-09-2018 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added info

8. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to ZONITIUM:

cava (07-09-2018), Mel1959 (07-12-2018), Nid (07-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by ZONITIUM View Post
    Hi Nid,

In India the best thing to buy for the squirrels as food would be Choostix Petasure Lactocer for Puppy and Kitten Milk. You can get it from Amazon India. For milk Royal Canin seems fine.

For the 1CC syringe/or any other syringe you can get it at any local pharmacy shop which are plenty in your area.

For rehydration you can use simple WHO ORS widely available at any pharmacy or given free at govt dispensaries. Same dilution as for human adults is fine. It is the osmoles that matter brand is irrelevant. Do not use D5W. Normal Saline or Ringer Lactate would be better options. Pedialyte name is a misnomer as it can be used in any age group regardless of what is written on the label.

As the temperature there is quite warm already do not put them in too many towels as the babies will overheat. Ventilation is very important.

If you can afford you can order fortidiet 5 lbs pack(approx 2.2 kg) = 8 USD https://www.amazon.com/Kaytee-Forti-...ortidiet+mouse from Amazon USA as some sellers ship it to India (Rs 550 plus shipping compared to Rs 8000 if you buy it from someone in India). It will be way cheaper than anything you can find in India. I would visit the local vet clinic and check with them what they use for rodents. You can also buy EBSILAC from Amazon USA or some other websites as I checked some sellers ship to India. Note however to expect a 4-6 week period for delivery no matter what shipping you choose unless you use FEDEX or UPS which will be not worth it. I send many packets to India and I know the costs very well. Good option in-case you may need these in the future just find the cheapest and get them shipped via normal mail.

USPS is the cheapest option and basically the shipping is more expensive than the products in most cases. I would send you 10 pounds of fortidiet rodent blocks if you would be willing to pay for the shipping. I will also add in a box of EBSILAC. That is the best I can do. I am expecting a shipping cost of 60-70 USD for these based on my experience but due to the weight it could be more. I can check with my local USPS if you get interested in my offer. Shipping is a killer to India sadly.

Do you have any contact in Himachal Pradesh or Chandigarh area?

Best.
    In which form choostix Petasure lactogen is to be given. Like milk only? Do you send products to himachal and chandigarh?
    Last edited by island rehabber; 07-20-2018 at 08:59 AM.

10. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nid:

island rehabber (07-20-2018), TubeDriver (07-20-2018)

In which form choostix Petasure lactogen is to be given. Like milk only? Do you send products to himachal and chandigarh?
    Yes like the instructions it has on the back. Liquid warm form. I had some one known travelling there but they had too much stuff to carry rodent blocks with them.

Shipping would be the best option if you ever need them. Just sent me a private message and we can work out the details.

12. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to ZONITIUM:

island rehabber (07-21-2018), Mel1959 (07-22-2018), Nid (07-21-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12