Thread: HOW TO POSSIBLY UNDO THE DAMAGE OF FOX VALLEY 32/40

Default HOW TO POSSIBLY UNDO THE DAMAGE OF FOX VALLEY 32/40

This was posted a while back by Duckman, I believe it's a sticky somewhere
    on the board.

I am making this a sticky again, and re titling it.

I hope that anyone with a baby who is being fed FV 32/40 Formula,
    and having problems with digestion, the problem can be corrected
    faster by having it's own sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
    The trick for me seemed to be getting in as much water, as quickly as possible, once you see and feel the hardness in the belly. Not sugar water or Pedilyte, but plain water. I did this every hour (giving about .2-.3 ml) and ensure you stimulate after each, for 2 reasons. 1. You have to get that water out of the bladder, and it will burst if you don't. 2. You want that water to start working on the crud in the belly. After 8-10 hours, you should start seeing some movement out of the bowel (they will continue to poop, but you will start to see it more watery, which is what you want). At that time, start introducing diluted formula at the ratio of 25% Esbilac, 75% water. Feed this for the first half day. The second half day, I bumped up the ration to 50/50. I fed this for a day and then went to 75% Esbilac, 25% water and introduced full food the next day (and the blockage was gone!). So far, I am at 100% success rate. One note though. I check my pinkies after every feeding, so see if their bellies are hard or squishy. I would suggest everyone get in the habit of checking them after every feeding as habit and you can't go wrong in catching them before they bloat up. Once they take on that angry red color on their bellies (this is when their system goes septic), they are gone and can't be saved, so the trick is to catch them before this happens (hence, getting in the habit to see if their tummies are hard or not).

2. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

cava (06-23-2018), DanC (09-22-2018), Diggie's Friend (06-23-2018), Grinderhead (06-23-2018), island rehabber (06-23-2018), Rocky1 (06-28-2018), squirrelgirl30 (06-26-2018)

Default Re: HOW TO POSSIBLY UNDO THE DAMAGE OF FOX VALLEY 32/40

I can never thank you all enough for how to maybe correct FV inside my pinkie.
    I will keep you all posted on his progress.

4. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Joyful:

HRT4SQRLS (03-02-2019), island rehabber (03-02-2019), Nancy in New York (03-02-2019), SammysMom (03-02-2019)

Cball Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    on the board.

Is this just for certain week olds? Or for all squirrels?

This formula is sold as a formula for squirrels less than 5 weeks old. Because it has been determined that it seems to turn to cement in their gut it is no longer recommended for any age squirrel. It’s not worth the risk when there are alternatives.

For baby squirrels less than 5 weeks it is recommended to feed POWDERED Esbilac puppy milk replacer or homemade goats milk formula. For babies older than 5 weeks Fox Valley 20/50 or a 50/50 combination of Fox Valley and Esbilac is recommended.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Nancy in New York (04-23-2019)

Jontheclimber Guest

I need help one of my babies is not well please look up thread I think one of my babies is paralyzed

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    on the board.

This formula is sold as a formula for squirrels less than 5 weeks old. Because it has been determined that it seems to turn to cement in their gut it is no longer recommended for any age squirrel. It’s not worth the risk when there are alternatives.

For baby squirrels less than 5 weeks it is recommended to feed POWDERED Esbilac puppy milk replacer or homemade goats milk formula. For babies older than 5 weeks Fox Valley 20/50 or a 50/50 combination of Fox Valley and Esbilac is recommended.
    Last edited by Spanky; 12-27-2022 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Deleted SPAM... further action pending?