Thread: Billy's eye is swollen

Default Billy's eye is swollen

Billy is swollen around his eye. Only once did I see white mucus around it. I have been giving him Amoxicillin with no change. He keeps scratching at it and I think that is what is aggravating it. I don't see any cuts but another squirrel was on top of his cage fighting with him a week ago. Is there something I can put on his eye to help it and how do I keep him from scratching at it?

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

Default Re: Billy's eye is swollen

He should be seen by a vet. His eye may be ulcerated. An ulcerated eye will heal quickly but it will need the correct antibiotics. In order to see if it is ulcerated they will stain the eye. Eyes are pretty important, so if this has been going on for a few days, my suggestion is to move on the vet thing.

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Milo's Mom from:

cava (06-22-2018)

Default Re: Billy's eye is swollen

Typically eye problems are treated topically with drops or ointment for the best results. I agree, a proper diagnosis will allow a vet to give you the best meds for the problem.