Thread: Super Worms

Default Super Worms

We are having to leave town , and scrambling to get all animals situated. My flyers are used to meal and wax worms. But the only two pet stores we have are totally out of both. Said they have super worms . Will these do just for a few days? They aren’t great about eating chicken , or crickets.

Default Re: Super Worms

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    We are having to leave town , and scrambling to get all animals situated. My flyers are used to meal and wax worms. But the only two pet stores we have are totally out of both. Said they have super worms . Will these do just for a few days? They aren’t great about eating chicken , or crickets.
    I wouldn't buy Super Worms. They have strong mandibles and can bite. Those that use them crush the head or remove it.
    NO, I'm not going to do that.
    Your guys will be fine for a few days without worms.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

SammysMom (06-17-2018), Snicker Bar (06-17-2018)

Glad I checked, Thank you Hrt. I skimmed through all the dust in my remaining worm containers, and there may actually be enough for a few days. I also am baking mini wings and drinkers, and for a bag of chicken jerky ( never tried this) . I thought I had seen a post about preserving the worms longer... if their cups are on top shelf ( nearest) the freezer?? Or is it the opposite ( do better away from coldest point)? My little girls are doing so good! They are officially a colony of Two ! They have moved in together in one of boxes. I’m bringing them in, and leaving in back bath. I guess as long as toilet is closed and door is stuffed, there should be no possible escape rout s. It will smell like rodent pee from hell I guess, but I want them to be able to play out of cage at night.... Hope this isn’t a foolish idea

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Glad I checked, Thank you Hrt. I skimmed through all the dust in my remaining worm containers, and there may actually be enough for a few days. I also am baking mini wings and drinkers, and for a bag of chicken jerky ( never tried this) . I thought I had seen a post about preserving the worms longer... if their cups are on top shelf ( nearest) the freezer?? Or is it the opposite ( do better away from coldest point)? My little girls are doing so good! They are officially a colony of Two ! They have moved in together in one of boxes. I’m bringing them in, and leaving in back bath. I guess as long as toilet is closed and door is stuffed, there should be no possible escape rout s. It will smell like rodent pee from hell I guess, but I want them to be able to play out of cage at night.... Hope this isn’t a foolish idea
    No, don't store the worms near the freezer. The only place I can keep the WaxWorms alive is in the door of the refrigerator. It seems to be warmer there so they survive a little longer.

If you leave them out in the bathroom make sure the tub drain is closed also.
    I'm a little paranoid so I would probably run a row of painter tape around the toilet lid. Also, check where the water pipes enter the room. There are usually finishing plates that cover the roughed in hole but I would make sure.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Snicker Bar (06-17-2018)

We stuffed every crack and crevice. And room to toilet and shower is closed with sign to keep closed. I just hated the thought of lock down . Teenie has never been cooped up more than just daytime. Got Snickers and Doodles a new travel cage. They are in camper. Took Hunny Bun and our diabetic dog to office. Having a staff member come daily to feed Fat Dandies and Flyers, plus all the rest. Had to get away; miserable week. Heading to Gulf Shores Alabama. Need to heal as a family . Prayers please for us and the farm and business to be cared for properly.

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

cava (06-17-2018)

Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

Snicker Bar (06-17-2018)

I totally agree, live Superworms are a bear!

Instead, purchase organic raised freeze dried Super worms from Camilles Vita mealies online; they are yummy and don't bite!

https://vita-mealie.weebly.com/dried...-listings.html

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

Snicker Bar (06-17-2018)