Thread: Found day old baby bird

Default Found day old baby bird

I found a nest that had fallen from wherever it was perched. Beside the fallen nest was a baby bird. All the other eggs were broken with little babies in them. I am so sad. What do I do with this little one? I think it is uninjured, but I do not know. Help!Name:  IMG_4755.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  145.1 KB

Default Re: Found day old baby bird

Send a private message to Chicken legs, she helped a baby bird recently. Stick around and keep refreshing to get help.

Be sure it is warm (you can hold it) and safe from household pets.

Do you know what kind of bird?

Thank you, Cava. Unfortunately, my area lost power yesterday evening due to a down substation. With that said, we have gotten it back since then. I found the location of where the nest was and put it up as closely as I could to the original location. I kept checking back to see if the parents came back and I did see them. I do not know if they found the nest, but they were very close by to it and stayed around. I am too nervous to get to close to scare them away, but I hope the baby is alive. Should I check it or leave it be?

Also, it is a baby Wren.

Check the baby. A tiny nestling takes a lot of committment. It needs feeding every 20/30 minutes or so for awhile from morning till night. If you see flies around it or it isn’t responsive the parents are likely not taking care of it. There is a diet you can raise a tiny bird on—Starling diet. If there are no bird rehabilitators around and you want to raise the baby I can send the recipe—it’s doable and when that baby takes flight your heart will too.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chickenlegs from:

cava (06-10-2018)