Thread: 1 year old eastern grey pee is rusty colored and puking

Default 1 year old eastern grey pee is rusty colored and puking

Grandpa, my lovely little girl nibbled about a half of one of my birth control pills 3 or 4 days ago and piled pedialight into her. (She chewed into my bag). She was completely fine for the next two days and I kept a close look on her. I went away for a night and had a friend babysit. This is the first time I’ve done this. I got back last night and she was happy and running around but this morning she was puking. I hydrated her with pedialight and she ate about 1/4 if a Henry squirrel block then took a nap. She just woke up and peed a very very dark colored urine and I’m pretty positive it’s blood. For any women who are reading this, it smells almost like mestral blood. Is there anything I can do to help her short of taking her to the vet almost 2 hrs away?

Default squirrell ate birthcontrol last week, now she is sick. correlated? please help

Grandpa, my lovely little girl nibbled about a half of one of my birth control pills 3 or 4 days ago and piled pedialight into her. (She chewed into my bag). She was completely fine for the next two days and I kept a close look on her. I went away for a night and had a friend babysit. This is the first time I’ve done this. I got back last night and she was happy and running around but this morning she was puking. I hydrated her with pedialight and she ate about 1/4 if a Henry squirrel block then took a nap. She just woke up and peed a very very dark colored urine and I’m pretty positive it’s blood. For any women who are reading this, it smells almost like mestral blood. Is there anything I can do to help her short of taking her to the vet almost 2 hrs away?

update: drinking a lot but not eating, very very lethargic. only peed once.

Default Re: squirrell ate birthcontrol last week, now she is sick. correlated? please help

Quote Originally Posted by dylannetz View Post
    3-4 days ago they are already well within the system, administrating Activated charcoal may help.
    It binds to substances in the stomach and is used to treat some poisonings or overdoses.
    Continued hydration to flush her system is recommended.

The active ingredients in birth control pills are synthetic versions of the female hormones estrogen and progesterone
    Common side effects can include: inter menstrual spotting, vaginal discharge. This bleeding may happen because the
    uterus is adjusting to having a thinner endometrial lining or because the body is adjusting to having different levels of
    hormones. Although a birth control pill overdose is not likely to cause serious problems (w/humans) it may result in certain
    symptoms which can present 2-7 days after overdose. Common ones include nausea, vomiting, vaginal bleeding, or disruption
    of the menstrual cycle. Treatment for a birth control pill overdose (if necessary) will likely involve treating the symptoms that
    occur as a result of the overdose.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Mel1959 (06-04-2018)

Default Re: squirrell ate birthcontrol last week, now she is sick. correlated? please help

Quote Originally Posted by dylannetz View Post

Note: Threads were merged. Please keep to one thread with same subject matter,
    multiple threads are confusing and counter productive to receiving replies.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    3-4 days ago they are already well within the system, administrating Activated charcoal may help.
    It binds to substances in the stomach and is used to treat some poisonings or overdoses.
    Continued hydration to flush her system is recommended.

The active ingredients in birth control pills are synthetic versions of the female hormones estrogen and progesterone
    Common side effects can include: inter menstrual spotting, vaginal discharge. This bleeding may happen because the
    uterus is adjusting to having a thinner endometrial lining or because the body is adjusting to having different levels of
    hormones. Although a birth control pill overdose is not likely to cause serious problems (w/humans) it may result in certain
    symptoms which can present 2-7 days after overdose. Common ones include nausea, vomiting, vaginal bleeding, or disruption
    of the menstrual cycle. Treatment for a birth control pill overdose (if necessary) will likely involve treating the symptoms that
    occur as a result of the overdose.
    Thank you for your response. Is this life threatening to her?

Default Re: 1 year old eastern grey pee is rusty colored and puking

It is not life threatening to a human... I would suspect it is not here also although I can see where it
    can "upset" her system. I doubt she consumed enough to become life threatening to her.
    I would also suggest giving her additional probiotics to help settle her gut flora, yogurt is a good source
    if you can get her to eat any.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

Mel1959 (06-04-2018), PennyCash (06-05-2018)