Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing my Hunny Bun

Default Re: Where can I find companion ( Flyer)

Forgot to mention he did urinate last night, but not in his litter pan. Just peed where he lay on his blanket. At some point he must have hopped into the pan to poo.. but it was basically just a small blob of tiny poo pieces in a cluster , looked like ( and size ) of a blackberry. Still teeth grinding . Looking for probiotics; apparently we are out

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

Milo's Mom (05-20-2018)

Default Re: Losing my Hunny Bun

Marie, I think your last post about bunny was on your flyer thread if your looking for it. I know, a lot going on.

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Milo's Mom (05-20-2018), Snicker Bar (05-20-2018)

I tried , our service must be messed up idk. Had some bad storms. I trust this board; no worries ; like a
    Meant to add this but posted in in wrong thread ; brain on empty here.

Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Forgot to mention he did urinate last night, but not in his litter pan. Just peed where he lay on his blanket. At some point he must have hopped into the pan to poo.. but it was basically just a small blob of tiny poo pieces in a cluster , looked like ( and size ) of a blackberry. Still teeth grinding . Looking for probiotics; apparently we are out

Yes wrong thread; too much this weekend. We are on kennel duty today with my teens; of course on our day, every single one had to leave us a pile in cages and runs even though walked twice daily . Had a lab at house in ICU building blowing out bloody diarrhea, but she is well now;just sent home One happy ending. And the bunny crashing . Need a monster drink and bc powder

I’ll try and e mail again now
    Last edited by Nancy in New York; 05-20-2018 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Removed phone number

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

Milo's Mom (05-20-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Marie, I think your last post about bunny was on your flyer thread if your looking for it. I know, a lot going on.
    I caught that and just moved it here.

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

Milo's Mom (05-20-2018), Snicker Bar (05-20-2018)

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

Are you at home with the bunn right now? Or where ever you are can you be hands on the bunny?

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Milo's Mom from:

Snicker Bar (05-20-2018)

I got the number if admin wants to delete it

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Milo's Mom:

Nancy in New York (05-20-2018), Snicker Bar (05-20-2018)

Bunny peep is calling you RIGHT NOW!

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Milo's Mom from:

Snicker Bar (05-20-2018)

Just talked , what a blessing thank you so much. Got my list of things to get , and instructions for treatment; done cleaning poo. Y’all are amazing , will see if this works.

I won’t post my number again , sorry just panicking . Thought my e mail was crashed .

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

Milo's Mom (05-20-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Just talked , what a blessing thank you so much. Got my list of things to get , and instructions for treatment; done cleaning poo. Y’all are amazing , will see if this works.

I won’t post my number again , sorry just panicking . Thought my e mail was crashed .
    Excellent! Glad you 2 could connect. Once we (you) get him through this we'll work on the other stuff. No worries about posting your number on the board! We do it all the time and then we have our awesome admin team to come in and clean up!

I just got an email from you but there is just text and no phone number! LOL!! No worries, we are good. Get your stuff and get to work. Email me if you need me and I will reply to your email with my phone number so you can call me too (just in case I don't hear the ping of my email).

18. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Milo's Mom:

Mel1959 (05-20-2018), Nancy in New York (05-20-2018), Snicker Bar (05-20-2018)

Just got finished with fluids and medicines. Hunny Bun did nibble just a tiny bit of Cilantro, and a couple dandelion leaves. Not enough to sustain life, but at least some interest in food. He still mostly just wants to lay, and grind teeth. Had the kindest person (from Canada!) call , after Milos Mom contacted her on our behalf. Can’t thank the two enough . Learned so much in one conversation; it’s most like his diet ( my fault); wayyy to much kale and clover. And many other things we need to change, if he pulls through. There are a few more tiny poos here and there, but still must have gas and lieus , as diagnosed by the Canadian ( I can’t remember her name , or anything else at the moment ) based on the symptoms he’s having. Going to do everything she and others here Have suggested. She said typically they don’t last more than a day or two; so the fact he’s still alive is encouraging. Thanks again all here , will see what tomorrow brings .

20. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

cava (05-21-2018), Mel1959 (05-21-2018), Milo's Mom (05-21-2018), missPixy (05-23-2018)

Hunny is doing so much better today! Much more bright and alert, and nibbling a bit more on his own. He’s still pruducing very small pellet - poos, but at least something is coming out. His urine has a very foul odor, and some blood. So whether the needle sticks my colleague made in an attempt to get urine caused or not, I think some Baytril may be needed at least couple days. I can’t find the Oxbow critical care anywhere but will order some probiotics for rabbits. Thanks again for all the help; if he pulls through, we have many changes to make. Keeping fingers crossed,
    Name:  2FD573AD-C645-4817-BA5A-7D8AFFA35964.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  130.6 KB

Bunny ICU with prehistoric (17!) kitty/nurse checking water quality

22. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

Milo's Mom (05-21-2018), missPixy (05-23-2018), Nancy in New York (05-21-2018)

Amazon has critical care. If you have Prime you'll get it faster.
    So glad that Hunny is doing better!

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...critical+care+

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Snicker Bar (05-21-2018)

Any chance you can get him into the exotic vet now that it's not the weekend?

As Danielle mentioned with him being unaltered and his diet there may be other things going on as well. Have you mentioned the extra smelly urine to Danielle? Is the blood fresh red or old and dark? Could the smelliness be due to the blood?...just me thinking out loud on a keyboard.

Glad to hear things seem to be improving!

26. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Milo's Mom:

cava (05-21-2018), redwuff (05-21-2018), Snicker Bar (05-21-2018)

I actually called the College of Vet Med here in MS, and was going to grab credit card and him and just go... and THAT Dr. was off today !?! I should have gone into exotics... if only knew then, what life changes would happen here ( squirrels , bunny, baby fox). But he will be there tomorrow. And if he’s not back on food any better, he’s going for ultrasound . I saw some blood on the tile , mixed with urine. So I gave him a dose of IM Baytril ( at 5 mg/kg). Going to continue all the other things as well, including slurry. But dang at the shortage of exotic people here !

28. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

Milo's Mom (05-22-2018), redwuff (05-21-2018)

How’s your hunny bun doing?

30. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Snicker Bar (05-22-2018)

I took a phone fast for the day, middle child turned 17 today And starting yesterday, through this AM I was convinced he was getting better. He began eating with intention, not just nibbles. The odor of his urine was horrifying last two days , and it has lightened up. But now, he’s back droopy and won’t eat. I’ve kept up the simethicone, the metocloprmide, Meloxicam, Baytril and subQ fluids. Very little stool considering the amount he ate up until around 4:00 today. I have to work tomorrow so plan on taking him, and will try to get a consult again with Milo’s M’s friend who is a rabbit expert . I just wonder, how long does this GI stasis linger; or could it be some sort of partial blockage... Can I do a barium study? And other questions . He’s going to die if I can’t get him eating and pooing. I truly thought things were taking a turn for better . Maybe we can get some more answers tomorrow.

I'm not sure if this has been conveyed appropriately or not but there should be a sense of urgency like you've never seen before. He needs a qualified vet and he needed it a week ago. Homemade treatments are designed to get through a couple days when a vet isn't available.

This isn't a we will see him next week. This is my bunn is in stasis I'm coming in right now so you can work us in. This is a lights and sirens emergency. This must get cleared or his gut will die if it hasnt already.

Please drop everything.. .cancel life...and get him to a vet.

33. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Milo's Mom:

Grinderhead (05-23-2018), island rehabber (05-23-2018), Mel1959 (05-23-2018), missPixy (05-23-2018), redwuff (05-23-2018), Snicker Bar (05-23-2018), Toddy (05-23-2018)

Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

35. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Mel1959 (05-23-2018), Milo's Mom (05-23-2018), Snicker Bar (05-23-2018)

Yes ma’am

He is being transferred as we speak; not wasting time with our x rays etc . We found a clinic about 2 hrs away that has everything the college could have...
    And maybe also good sign (?), the lady DVM’s name is also Dr. Emerson! So maybe excellence in exotics runs in that family line . I’ll post what they find as we get answers today. Thank you for all the help, encouragement here

37. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

island rehabber (05-23-2018), Mel1959 (05-23-2018), Milo's Mom (05-23-2018), Nancy in New York (05-23-2018), redwuff (05-23-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Yes ma’am

He is being transferred as we speak; not wasting time with our x rays etc . We found a clinic about 2 hrs away that has everything the college could have...
    And maybe also good sign (?), the lady DVM’s name is also Dr. Emerson! So maybe excellence in exotics runs in that family line . I’ll post what they find as we get answers today. Thank you for all the help, encouragement here

Thank you! Please do keep us updated. Positivities and prayers for you and Hunny Bun continue.

39. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Milo's Mom:

Mel1959 (05-23-2018), Snicker Bar (05-23-2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast