Thread: Strong urine

Default Strong urine

Willie is doing well and getting bigger everyday but I have been a little concerned about his urine. His urine is soooo strong smelling and dark yellow.. when I take a white cloth diaper out it’s dark dark yellow.. he still drinks his formula at least twice a day close to 6-9cc but he also has a water bottle that works and he drinks from. So is this normal should his pee so strong smelling and dark yellow?

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mommas Munchkins from:

SophieSquirrel (04-25-2018)

Default Re: Strong urine

Strong smelling but like normal urine or does it have a weird bad smell like a dirty hamster cage or kind of fishy?
    “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem.” -A.A Milne

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to 4Puddles from:

SophieSquirrel (04-25-2018)

I know this is going to sound stupid but is the water level going down in his water bottle? Most of the bottles out there are garbage made in China now and I have seen the balls get stuck in the dripper tube preventing water flow. Jostle the ball with your finger and see if enough water comes out.

I only use these: http://www.lixit.com/node/1049

So the urine smells like a very strong dirty hamster cage that hasn’t been cleaned maybe in weeks and almost a vinegar smell. I change his cage stuff out close to twice a day if not more right now because it’s just so strong. Henry’s urine never used to smell this bad or strong. I have noticed his water bottle does slowly empty but it kinda seems like he barely gets any water out of it. When I touch the ball I barely get any water on my fingers. This is what the urine looks like. I will get him a new water bottle ordered today.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mommas Munchkins:

4Puddles (04-25-2018), Nancy in New York (04-25-2018)

In the mean time I might put a dish of water out for him to make sure he's getting enough. When I read the first post I was questioning the water bottle too.

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

9. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jen413:

cava (05-05-2018), SophieSquirrel (04-25-2018)

These are what I use.
    The nozzle is larger so more water comes out.

https://www.amazon.com/Kaytee-SSR619...+for+pet+cages

11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

cava (04-25-2018), SophieSquirrel (04-25-2018)

Great thanks all I was afraid it may have been that’s stupid water bottle I Wille get one of these ordered today and put a bowel in there in the meantime. Especially since now he hardly eats his formula maybe once a day if I’m lucky I want to make sure he’s getting enough water. Thanks all he says hi!

13. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mommas Munchkins:

cava (04-25-2018), Nancy in New York (04-25-2018)

Anyone have recommendations on the best water bottle? I've been through a couple steelball/tube types and they either constantly drip and empty the bottle, or hardly flow at all.

Quote Originally Posted by UwantSomaThis View Post
    Anyone have recommendations on the best water bottle? I've been through a couple steelball/tube types and they either constantly drip and empty the bottle, or hardly flow at all.
    to TheSquirrelBoard

By far the best water bottle is the Lixit glass water bottle. They have a thick glass reservoir. I have slowly replaced all my water bottles with them. They are pricey but well worth the price.
    https://www.amazon.com/Lixit-Glass-W...s+water+bottle

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

UwantSomaThis (05-08-2018)