Thread: Abscess/infection in mouth?

AmateurRehaber Guest

Question Abscess/infection in mouth?

I have three 7 week old grey squirrels who are doing pretty well overall, but my male(Rikki) has a lump on his chin and right cheek. The lump is firm to the touch and a little pink under his fur, I had read that infected cuts can have a similar affect, this is the second place I've looked for help, I want to reduce the swelling and any pain he's on asap. It's illegal to have squirrels as pets where I live but will take him to the exotics vet if I can't help him or this is something that won't clear up on it's own.
    Thanks to any help/advice

Default Re: Abscess/infection in mouth?

If you could post a photo of the possible abscess , that would be really helpful. Also, can you check on his teeth and make sure they look normal (not overgrown/too long or wonky looking)? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurRehaber View Post
    I have three 7 week old grey squirrels who are doing pretty well overall, but my male(Rikki) has a lump on his chin and right cheek. The lump is firm to the touch and a little pink under his fur, I had read that infected cuts can have a similar affect, this is the second place I've looked for help, I want to reduce the swelling and any pain he's on asap. It's illegal to have squirrels as pets where I live but will take him to the exotics vet if I can't help him or this is something that won't clear up on it's own.
    Thanks to any help/advice
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

Jen413 (04-23-2018), Nancy in New York (04-23-2018)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.