Thread: Changing formula for Yakko, Wakko and Dot

Default Changing formula for Yakko, Wakko and Dot

Okay. My babies are approximately 5 weeks old as eyes just opened. Weigh in yesterday put them at 215, 226,228 grams. They have been on Esbilac with probiotics. Do I need to change to FV? Or leave them on Esbilac since they are doing so well. And when do I introduce the rodent blocks? Thanks again everyone for being so helpful.

Default Re: Changing formula for Yakko, Wakko and Dot

If they are doing well on esbilac you don’t have to change them. Some will do a 50/50 mixture of esbilac and FV but that’s not something you have to do. I’ve raised babies on straight esbilac, straight FV, and a 50/50 mixture of the two. Just depends on what works best for your babies.

I would introduce block now. They may simply shred them to teeth on but they will eat a little of it too.

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jen413 from:

Dianad1277 (04-17-2018)

The FV 20/50 DOES seem to boost their growth and make for big babies. In your place, I would very slowly start introducing the FV - it is much less expensive than the esbilac too. I would end up at a 50/50 mix of the two.

The slower you introduce new foods the less likely it is to cause stomach issues. I would spend at least a week getting all the way to 50/50.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

Dianad1277 (04-17-2018)

Remember too that the best insurance against MBD is their formula so keep it on them as long as possible.
    I introduce Henry's blocks at the age of ~7 weeks. Some offer blocks sooner. I introduce a little later so
    they take as much formula as possible.
    I get the blocks for picky eaters, but some start with the high protein blocks.
    Members also use commercial blocks.
    Harlan Teklad 2018 is one that is recommended, but I've seen 2016 also used.
    https://www.henryspets.com/squirrel-diet/

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

Dianad1277 (04-17-2018), Mel1959 (04-18-2018)