First I must say thank you for having this board available, it helped me so much in raising my little singleton when my daughter's friend brought this little baby to me. I estimated him to be about 4-5 weeks old. Eyes open still nursing. It is so hard to find accurate trusting information. From your board I was able to hydrate him the correct way while ordering all my supplies from Henry's. He is now a very healthy teenage boy. My intention was to always release when the time is right, I spoke to my vet about it and recommended waiting until after winter. I did not want to release him when he was not old enough or when conditions would make it even harder for him. Now seems like the perfect time as winter is over but mating season has not yet started. He is very attached to me, but only me, and has become territorial. I do not let him jump or crawl on me anymore since he started going through (puberty I call it). He still likes a cuddle at night with my hand in his house when he's going to sleep and in the morning but other then that all of our interactions are through his two level cage where he has his nest box I made, or through the screen daily when he is running around our screened in back porch area. I am looking for someone trusted to do a soft release for him as I do not have a outdoor cage large enough for him to be in for 3 to 4 weeks before releasing. I am also concerned because he has never socialized with other squirrels. To me he would have a better chance of survival if released with a buddy or a group. I want to release him for success not failure. I am willing to drive with in a few hours radius. I live in Spring Hill/ Brooksville (Tampa) area.

Thank You Again!!!
Babyboy