Thread: Looking for rehabber for soft release of Singleton male grey squirrel central Florida

Babyboy Guest

Default Looking for rehabber for soft release of Singleton male grey squirrel central Florida

First I must say thank you for having this board available, it helped me so much in raising my little singleton when my daughter's friend brought this little baby to me. I estimated him to be about 4-5 weeks old. Eyes open still nursing. It is so hard to find accurate trusting information. From your board I was able to hydrate him the correct way while ordering all my supplies from Henry's. He is now a very healthy teenage boy. My intention was to always release when the time is right, I spoke to my vet about it and recommended waiting until after winter. I did not want to release him when he was not old enough or when conditions would make it even harder for him. Now seems like the perfect time as winter is over but mating season has not yet started. He is very attached to me, but only me, and has become territorial. I do not let him jump or crawl on me anymore since he started going through (puberty I call it). He still likes a cuddle at night with my hand in his house when he's going to sleep and in the morning but other then that all of our interactions are through his two level cage where he has his nest box I made, or through the screen daily when he is running around our screened in back porch area. I am looking for someone trusted to do a soft release for him as I do not have a outdoor cage large enough for him to be in for 3 to 4 weeks before releasing. I am also concerned because he has never socialized with other squirrels. To me he would have a better chance of survival if released with a buddy or a group. I want to release him for success not failure. I am willing to drive with in a few hours radius. I live in Spring Hill/ Brooksville (Tampa) area.

Thank You Again!!!
    Babyboy

GreyluvR Guest

Default Re: Looking for rehabber for soft release of Singleton male grey squirrel central Flo

Maybe he would like our tree?? Rico has an extra box and we live close. I will ask my husband.. Please look at her pics n videos

3. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to GreyluvR:

cava (04-11-2018), ClemC5 (04-12-2018), Mel1959 (04-12-2018), redwuff (04-11-2018), Toddy (04-11-2018)

Babyboy Guest

Default Re: Looking for rehabber for soft release of Singleton male grey squirrel central Flo

Thank you so much for this offer, I would love to speak with you some how so I can explain my situation a little more and to see if this would be a good option for him and for your little one. I am new to this squirrel board and there is so much on here I am still learning my way around on here.. I was finally able to PM reach out to someone and speak to them on the phone. It was so wonderful to talk another squirrel parent for the first time!!!

Thank you so much for your response,
    Babyboy

Baby boy, if this doesn't work out there is a rehabber fairly close to you.
    (crazy4squirrels) I believe she is in your county.

6. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Mel1959 (04-12-2018), stepnstone (04-15-2018)

Babyboy Guest

That would be wonderful, How do I go about getting in touch with this rehabber if this doesn't work out?

Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Babyboy View Post
    That would be wonderful, How do I go about getting in touch with this rehabber if this doesn't work out?

Thank you so much
    You can send her a Private Message on this board or I can link you up.

9. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Mel1959 (04-12-2018)

Babyboy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    You can send her a Private Message on this board or I can link you up.
    Either way would be good with me. I do know how to PM but don't know who to PM. If it's easier to link us that would be fine also. I must sound so dingy but I'm still learning everything on here.

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Babyboy from:

Nancy in New York (04-12-2018)

Babyboy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Baby boy, if this doesn't work out there is a rehabber fairly close to you.
    (crazy4squirrels) I believe she is in your county.
    I am so sorry lol. I just realized the rehabber you are talking about is (crazy4squirrels) I think. Is this who I would PM?

Thank you

Either way would be good with me. I do know how to PM but don't know who to PM. If it's easier to link us that would be fine also. I must sound so dingy but I'm still learning everything on here.

You go to your pm's and then send a new pm,
    then for the recipient you put crazy4squirrels,
    and a subject.
    Write the message and then hit submit message.
    Oh yeah, we were ALL new once, not to worry!

14. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

Mel1959 (04-12-2018)

I am so sorry lol. I just realized the rehabber you are talking about is (crazy4squirrels) I think. Is this who I would PM?

Thank you

Yes.

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Babyboy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post

You go to your pm's and then send a new pm,
    then for the recipient you put crazy4squirrels,
    and a subject.
    Write the message and then hit submit message.
    Oh yeah, we were ALL new once, not to worry!
    Thank you so much!!! And for having patience with me, lol.
    Babuboy

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Babyboy from:

Nancy in New York (04-12-2018)

I would be happy to help you with your boy. I call you and left my number. I also gave my number in a PM. I am right here in the Pasco/Hernando area.
    Call me

20. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to crazy4squirrels:

ClemC5 (04-16-2018), HRT4SQRLS (04-15-2018), Mel1959 (04-13-2018), Nancy in New York (04-15-2018), stepnstone (04-15-2018)

We have made contact and I will have the family come to see my home and we will put Babyboy in a release cage. Great to help bring a kid back to the wild safely

22. 8 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to crazy4squirrels:

cava (04-15-2018), ClemC5 (04-16-2018), Grinderhead (04-15-2018), gunpackingrandma (04-24-2018), HRT4SQRLS (04-15-2018), Mel1959 (04-15-2018), Nancy in New York (04-15-2018), stepnstone (04-15-2018)

Tina

I knew she was in your area.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.