Thread: New veggies, cook or raw?

Default New veggies, cook or raw?

Name:  FF984601-C579-4FB1-B4A7-9D1F937511C4.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  108.1 KB

Just bought this huge thing called Bok Chow; also a head of red cabbage, some Brussels sprouts , and cauliflower; non of which I eat ( or anyone else in the family). Mom ruined my learning to eat veggies as a kid opportunity... that’s another story.

So do we cook the Bok Choy? Or just cut up pieces ( of the white or green) ? I assume the cabbage and cauliflower go raw; what about the Brussels 😝😝😝? Trying new healthy things for the animals; for the rest of us it’s too late, grossed out for life

Default Re: New veggies, cook or raw?

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Name:  FF984601-C579-4FB1-B4A7-9D1F937511C4.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  108.1 KB

Just bought this huge thing called Bok Chow; also a head of red cabbage, some Brussels sprouts , and cauliflower; non of which I eat ( or anyone else in the family). Mom ruined my learning to eat veggies as a kid opportunity... that’s another story.

So do we cook the Bok Choy? Or just cut up pieces ( of the white or green) ? I assume the cabbage and cauliflower go raw; what about the Brussels ������? Trying new healthy things for the animals; for the rest of us it’s too late, grossed out for life
    OK, I'm confused. The pic... what is that? That's not the bok choy, right?
    That looks like a leek to me. Squirrels don't eat leeks. They are in the onion family.
    Help me understand.

I feed the veggies raw.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

island rehabber (03-29-2018)

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Snicker Bar (03-28-2018)

when your store lied too you and you think you've been putting vanilla frosting on your cake your whole life but its actually mayonnaise.....
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    - Anatole France

"We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly
    perceive it to be - the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer - which is, in reality,
    no more than a reflected image of ourselves."
    - Farley Mowat

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Floppysquirrel04:

Jen413 (03-29-2018), Snicker Bar (03-28-2018)

I give bok choy, Brussels sprouts, red cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli raw. I partially cook sweet potatoe or squash.

It looks like a leek to me, too.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Snicker Bar (03-28-2018)

I thought this might be helpful if you bought that considering that you don't eat anything green.

Chicken food
    Attachment 300036

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Snicker Bar (03-28-2018)

Oh my gosh, it must be the Leek thing, if it’s related to onion?!? Because as soon as I cut it, the reek of onions filled the whole back of house, bathroom and now attached squirrel room... My poor babies , now we are all sick and eyes running .

This is what happens when your mom forces you to sit at the table until well after Walter Kronkite is done with the News. Helplessly staring at the various colored piles of boiled , mashed , veggies. And the poodle hiding under the table turns up nose to anything dropped to her.. A scarred , Vegetable Phobic for life. Now I can’t even identify A Bok Choy from a Leek (?) Never heard of that either. They all look like weeds to me🤢😝🤮

Thanks for the pictures! They must have had them stocked wrong, so must be some other veggie ignorant man or woman working at our local Kroger lol.

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

Jen413 (03-29-2018)

Leeks are nice in soup with chicken, noodles, and kale, and in potato leek soup;

just need to supply gas masks for the squirrels before cutting up the leeks.

https://www.123rf.com/photo_41976489...rrel-face.html

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

Snicker Bar (03-29-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Oh my gosh, it must be the Leek thing, if it’s related to onion?!? Because as soon as I cut it, the reek of onions filled the whole back of house, bathroom and now attached squirrel room... My poor babies , now we are all sick and eyes running .

This is what happens when your mom forces you to sit at the table until well after Walter Kronkite is done with the News. Helplessly staring at the various colored piles of boiled , mashed , veggies. And the poodle hiding under the table turns up nose to anything dropped to her.. A scarred , Vegetable Phobic for life. Now I can’t even identify A Bok Choy from a Leek (?) Never heard of that either. They all look like weeds to me🤢😝🤮

Thanks for the pictures! They must have had them stocked wrong, so must be some other veggie ignorant man or woman working at our local Kroger lol.
    Does mom know about how you were scarred for life from her cooking?

Good old days! I wish we could go back to the Walter Kronkite days where they actually reported the news instead of created it.

17. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Diggie's Friend (03-31-2018), island rehabber (03-29-2018), Jen413 (03-29-2018), Snicker Bar (03-29-2018)

She just turned 90; lives in upstate NY and still fusses ( per phone) anytime I mention an ailement, “I told you, you should have eaten your $&@! vegetables!”

Amen on Walter. He would have been an awesome President!

I’ll give the Leeks to my husband with the soup tips! Or maybe could donate them to some of our super healthy church friends ( organic, gluten-free , etc. ) . The Leek thing looked impressive; kids were curious , and worried...

19. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

Diggie's Friend (03-30-2018), Jen413 (03-29-2018)