Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is amoxicillin with clav safe for Grey's?

Default Re: Is amoxicillin with clav safe for Grey's?

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    She is adorable - and she is just going to become more and more enthusiastic while feeding. You will need to change the way you hold the syringe because you will need to hold it BACK to prevent them from sucking it dry in 2 seconds.

Some people freak out when I suggest this but it is absolutely the BEST way to avoid aspiration pneumonia from forming when they aspirate: You are already holding them - drop the syringe, hold the baby nose DOWN and tail up above your head and give his nose a gentle suck with your own mouth (the part many flinch at). You can do it IMMEDIATELY before the fluid even has a chance to infiltrate the lungs, and unlike the bulb sucker things they make for babies, you can FEEL how hard you are sucking so you don't injure this little thing that is way more fragile than a human infant. I would rather spit out a little bit of baby squirrel snot now and then than try to deal with the effects later. And the older they get the more insane they get on the whole subject of formula.
    That is exactly what I did! 🤣 I have no probs doing it for my sweet girl lol. She is still doing great. She's starting to play around now and it's the cutest. It's crazy how fast they grow and learn. Thank you so much for the help. And yes feeding head down from now on. She has gotten to the point where she can suck and make the plunger move! So I hold one finger near the base of it to make sure she doesn't do it again.

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Hanner3:

Mel1959 (03-16-2018), Nancy in New York (03-16-2018)

Update: sorry I missed yesterday I was busy but Lilo is doing so well! 🤗 Really liking her blocks and deer antler now. I was wondering when should Introduce a water bottle for her?

She's about 6 weeks old, correct?
    I typically give them a water bottle when I put them in their medium sized cage.
    That usually is around 8 weeks or so.
    They are in a smaller cage up until that time,
    but they are still on so much formula, so water is never a concern.
    What sized cage is Lilo in now?
    If it's tall remember to put A LOT of padding on the bottom
    in case of a misstep. We don't want her falling and hurting herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    She's about 6 weeks old, correct?
    I typically give them a water bottle when I put them in their medium sized cage.
    That usually is around 8 weeks or so.
    They are in a smaller cage up until that time,
    but they are still on so much formula, so water is never a concern.
    What sized cage is Lilo in now?
    If it's tall remember to put A LOT of padding on the bottom
    in case of a misstep. We don't want her falling and hurting herself.
    Yes I'd say she is at least 6 weeks. More than likely 7
    Lilo's cage is a very tall one BUT I haven't added ladders or platforms yet so just the bottom part is around 16 in. Wide by about 30 in. Long. Plenty of padding for my sweet girl. And good deal I just didn't know exactly when she should try water. I just put her in the new cage yesterday because she is super active and loves to explore. She absolutely loves her little stuffies and cut up t-shirt strips for nesting. I'll take a pic tomorrow and share

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Hanner3 from:

Nancy in New York (03-20-2018)

Name:  IMG_20180410_222024257.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  69.9 KB

Update on Lilo 💜 no sickness and she will be 10 weeks tomorrow! Her tail has absolutely blossomed and she's doing wonderful on her blocks we will start veggies tomorrow 😁 love this sweet girl so much

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Hanner3:

Mel1959 (04-11-2018), Nancy in New York (04-11-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12