Thread: Taking the state exam for wildlife rehabbers

Default Taking the state exam for wildlife rehabbers

Hi all,

I am getting ready to take my exam. I have both manuals and have read them, but I only have experience with squirrels. Any advice? Has anyone else passed it? Is it nit-picky like the test to get your drivers license? If so, I'm screwed. ::: Any help/advice is lovingly appreciated.
    Julie Rubinacci
    Dunwoody, Georgia

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to JulieCSchultz:

dextersmom (02-17-2018), LR (02-17-2018)

Default Re: Taking the state exam for wildlife rehabbers

I have no idea...but good luck!!!
    “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem.” -A.A Milne

When I took the exam some years ago, there were A LOT of bird related questions so make sure you also cover those parts of the books. They dont test for specifically what you want to rehab, but it seemed they tried to add a few questions about each of the critters your state allows to be rehabbed. If i remember correctly it was mostly or completely multiple choice questions though.. so don't panic, it sounds like you are more than prepared, have a banana with a good breakfast, and you'll do just fine
    Good Luck!

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Squirreleesi:

cava (02-17-2018), LR (02-17-2018)

Good luck on your exam!

We don’t have an exam (2 years supervised with 200 documented hours under a Master Rehabber) but the wildlife conferences I have attended all place a lot of emphasis on birds. So maybe do a bit of last minute bird stuff cramming?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

GOOD LUCK !!!

I am especially interested in what parts you felt were the hardest, most covered, and you felt you should have boned up on.
    Also what steps they put you though afterwards.

I also have to take the Georgia exam... I live off Lake Lanier, in Cumming.
    In fact, you and I should probably trade contact info.. WE ARE ONLY 30 MILES APART.
    You and I are probably perfect for overflow and emergencies.
    I drive over to Ballground all the time to get stuff from their German Master Butcher.

Good luck! Seems exams SHOULD be specific to the critters you are helping but why make things better for the folks doing all the work

Its quite easy! If you studied the book you will do fine. You can get 20 wrong.you need at least an 80 to pass. I failed the math part. (the medicine doses) not a problem for you. Know the different diseases. Ones that are zoonotic (passed from animal to man) and the other diseases that are past from animal to animal(distemper} just remember the list. When is your test? If you want me to give you tricks to remember pm me. Dont forget to bring a pencil and your drivers license. I just studied the booklet that I downloaded from the computer. The one with the owl I believe on the cover. pm me if you need some memory tricks.

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to dextersmom from:

Squirreleesi (02-17-2018)