Thread: possible black mold exposure

Hybrid View

Default Re: possible black mold exposure

Thank you Tara for your thoughts and information. I have followed little LG's Thread - sweet baby.
    I wish this did not happen to our little ones.

We had a culture done some months back and the one thing that showed was Klebsiella so that is what we treated for. Would it be a different type of culture to have Aspergillosis show up... I guess I need to ask for tests for both fungus and bacteria? We are willing to use { if we can get it } antibiotics/antifungals that are necessary but there is no vet here with knowledge of squirrels.

Thanks again... I had not thought to ask them to test for both. They will not have any test products until sometime next week.........

Hey Rehabbers > > > IF DUDE IS ON DOXY....... AND WE GET HIM TESTED... WILL THE RESULTS NOT BE ACCURATE ? ?

Thanks again Tara.
    Blesisngs,
    RamaMama

Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    My LG had ASPERGILLOSIS after odontoma surgery. Her nasal passage had been through two surgeries and was open and basically a Petri dish welcoming in possible problems. Dr Emerson had to treat with several different antibiotics. She did a culture and treated with vibramycin, an antifungal called Voriconazole, also sporanox, all oral. AND she did a soak at the clinic under anesthesia with clotrimazole 1% solution ***this soak cannot be allowed to go down throat and she had to block it somehow so dont try this at home! It can be dangerous from what I know of it. There were other antibiotics used prior to the vibramycin BUT it would NOT have gotten rid of the aspergillosis based on the culture. I hope this helps. My vet at Ravenwood veterinary clinic in port orange Florida did this. Hope u get your baby well! You need to get help as soon as possible. If nothing else, a culture. My LG had to have surgery on her esophagus because the asper got down in there and caused problems. Plz be advised that I am not a regular rehabber and don't know anything except what my LG has experienced. Hugs!!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RamaMama from:

Tara (02-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RamaMama View Post
    Thank you Tara for your thoughts and information. I have followed little LG's Thread - sweet baby.
    I wish this did not happen to our little ones.

We had a culture done some months back and the one thing that showed was Klebsiella so that is what we treated for. Would it be a different type of culture to have Aspergillosis show up... I guess I need to ask for tests for both fungus and bacteria? We are willing to use { if we can get it } antibiotics/antifungals that are necessary but there is no vet here with knowledge of squirrels.

Thanks again... I had not thought to ask them to test for both. They will not have any test products until sometime next week.........

Hey Rehabbers > > > IF DUDE IS ON DOXY....... AND WE GET HIM TESTED... WILL THE RESULTS NOT BE ACCURATE ? ?

Thanks again Tara.
    Blesisngs,
    RamaMama
    The doxy can make the bacterial culture results inaccurate, but should not affect a fungal culture. I cannot remember, did you already submit a mucus sample for the lab to test? If you did, you should ask your Vet to call the lab and see if you can add on a fungal culture. Often times labs will save samples for a certain number of days before disposing of them. Maybe you will get lucky and not need to collect another sample!
    “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem.” -A.A Milne

4. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to 4Puddles:

Diggie's Friend (02-12-2018), LR (02-12-2018), Mel1959 (02-11-2018), Tara (02-12-2018)

Any update on this girl??
    “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem.” -A.A Milne

Quote Originally Posted by 4Puddles View Post
    Any update on this girl??
    I'm happy to report that she seems to be fully recovered! No more discharge from the eyes or nose, no abnormalities in her breathing, and she's back to her normal level of activity. Thank you everybody for your advice! I'll be keeping her indoors for the time being, at the very least until the weather improves.

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to isaiah:

4Puddles (02-19-2018), Diggie's Friend (02-19-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah View Post
    I'm happy to report that she seems to be fully recovered! No more discharge from the eyes or nose, no abnormalities in her breathing, and she's back to her normal level of activity. Thank you everybody for your advice! I'll be keeping her indoors for the time being, at the very least until the weather improves.
    This is wonderful news, thank you!

What a great update. When something happens to a bay here, we ALL feel it.

Just wanted to ask if the urine leakage had also stopped.
    We live in a heaven created by our virtues --- Muktananda