Thread: squirrel bite, worry about rabies?

Threaded View

Sam Guest

Unhappy squirrel bite, worry about rabies?

How's it going my fellow squirrel lovers, im not sure if this is the correct forum to post in so sorry if it is not.

My question is this to whomever feels like they have a bit of knowledge about these things, basically about 4 or 5 months ago i was outside looking at a squirrel who was playing or climbing around on a fence.
    I wen't up to the fence because i wanted to look at the cute fella up close, i foolishly decided to lean my hand in so he could sniff me, but instead he bit one of my fingers then ran away.

This happened in the Santa Monica/West Los Angeles area in California.

Now i have read so many mixed answers on the web about this, some people say squirrels don't carry rabies long enough to infect humans or that they don't carry it at all even though there are some records ... very little records, but some say to go get rabies shot because i could have gotten infected from the bite.

Basically i could use some tips or advise on what you guys would do in my situation and you got bitten by a wild squirrel?

Also i know its been some time since the bite so i don't even know if they would even give me shots if i requested it at the hospital im really scared about this and my hypochondria makes me feel like its too late for any help if i did need shots.
    Last edited by Sam; 01-21-2018 at 04:23 PM. Reason: forgot to add location of incident

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Sam from:

LR (01-21-2018)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.