Thread: 3 FLYERS NEED A NEW HOME -- URGENT

SadFlyerMomma Guest

Default 3 FLYERS NEED A NEW HOME -- URGENT

Hello all,
    It is with great sadness that I am making this post, in fact this is the hardest message I have ever written. I am the Momma to three beautiful and wonderful southern flying squirrels, (two boys and a girl).. I am in the end stages of my life and need to be sure my Wee baby’s have a safe and happy home to go to before my end comes.
    Cindy Lou Who, is my female. She is about 4 years old, very sweet and cuddly and loves to be in her cage. She does like to come out and visit for snuggles and ear scratchys and over all mischief but is more concerned about keeping her cage in order. She is not a picky eater at all and I can provide a food list.
    McGoo and Toby John, are my two boys- brothers. They are a bonded pair and need to stay together if at all possible. They are about 3 and ALL BOY. Two minutes after I clean their cage up and wash all their gear, they trash out the place like a frat house lol. They love mischief and taking everything from your pockets to go hide in random places. They also love to snuggle and kiss once they have run around all their energy.
    Toby John is very quiet and the more responsible of the set. He loves his wheel and any and all food, just like a man lol.
    Then there is McGoo, he was blind for the first months of his life but that never stopped him from running all over and causing me to have a heart attack when he just fell off the couch or whatever he was running at. He finally did grow in to his own head and his eyes popped out so he is no longer blind, but I think his depth perception was affected. McGoo is my only talker, and he loves to tell you what he is thinking at all times. He chirps when he is Happy, Sad, Mad and Glad. Not constantly but when he finds his hazelnut he wants the world to know that he is happy for 3-5 mins.
    They would come with all my supplies, Cages, Gear, Covers, Wheels and really just all of their stuff. The cages are the Henrys Parrot cages that I ordered off line from henrys healthy pets. They will eat the blocks but mostly just pick them apart for the nuts.. Their normal diet is fresh veggies some fruit and the always available Greek Goddess honey vanilla yogurt. We have tried every other yogurt out there and I was advised by my pack that I was a terrible person for even thinking anything was better than Greek Goddess lol. Hazel nuts are also a favorite, pecans too but they will pick the pecan over the veggies so I just stick with hazel nuts for dental reasons and a treat.
    We are located right now in Plymouth Minnesota, but I can travel a little in order to know they are going to someone that will love them the way they should be, and be cared for the right way (experience with flyers). They are bonded with me so I know this will be a lot to ask but I don’t have any other options with my heath situation.
    I am really very upset about this so please refrain from any negative comments, I can only handle positive thoughts and help at this point.
    thank you so much in advance
    Katy

2. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SadFlyerMomma:

cava (01-20-2018), Diggie's Friend (01-22-2018), KarmaKay (01-22-2018), Snicker Bar (01-22-2018)

Default Re: Re Homing my sweet Wee Babys

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Snicker Bar (01-22-2018)

I will cross-post this, Katy, and do wahtever I can to help you find a wonderful home for those sweet flyers.
    I am also making a copy of this thread for the Help Needed forum, so that more eyes will see it!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

6. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

KarmaKay (01-22-2018), lennysmom (01-22-2018), Mel1959 (01-21-2018), Nancy in New York (01-19-2018), Snicker Bar (01-22-2018), stepnstone (01-20-2018)

We did it, TSB.
    Nancy Johnson from 2ndHandRanchRescue will take Katy's flyers and give them all the love in the world and a great place to live. It turns out that Nancy's niece lives 10 minutes from Katy in Minnesota, and they are arranging to get together next week.

God is sooo good.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

8. 11 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Diggie's Friend (01-22-2018), ElleShine (01-28-2018), Grinderhead (01-22-2018), KarmaKay (01-22-2018), lukaslolamaus (01-22-2018), Mel1959 (01-21-2018), Nancy in New York (01-22-2018), Rocky1 (01-21-2018), Snicker Bar (01-22-2018), Squirreleesi (01-22-2018), stepnstone (01-22-2018)

Default Re: 3 FLYERS NEED A NEW HOME -- URGENT

That's wonderful IR; for to not only find a person that will make sure they find good homes, but the peace of mind that your pet companions will be loved and well cared for is priceless! So glad the board was able to help this dear lady to make a connection with a person that can help accomplish this goal in her area. Way to go Nancy and Nancy's Niece!

10. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Diggie's Friend:

island rehabber (01-22-2018), KarmaKay (01-22-2018), lukaslolamaus (01-22-2018), Nancy in New York (01-22-2018), Snicker Bar (01-22-2018)

Default Re: 3 FLYERS NEED A NEW HOME -- URGENT

Amen,
    May your heart be at peace Mom of three

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

KarmaKay (01-22-2018), lukaslolamaus (01-22-2018)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.