Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lethargic and vomiting 3 month old Flying Squirrel

DashMech Guest

Default Re: Lethargic and vomiting 3 month old Flying Squirrel

After sleeping in all day she is now up and active. No more vomiting, going potty normally, and no longer in deress. Thank you all for the warm thoughts and advise! It’s helped me a lot to know you were all there for me. Thank you again

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to DashMech:

cava (01-02-2018), Nancy in New York (01-02-2018)

Default Re: Lethargic and vomiting 3 month old Flying Squirrel

Dash, I'm very happy to hear this.

While you're here I think we should go over the diet. The diet is by FAR the most important thing when it comes to flyers and squirrels. Your girl needs a rodent block of some type. My boys eat the Henrys Pets picky eater block. Henrys makes a block specifically for flyers but my boys don't like them. Even though my boys don't eat them I would still recommend that you try them. They have increased protein in them that flyers require. A bag lasts a long time because a flyer only eats one block per day. They are a supplement block and are packed with vitamins and minerals as well.
    Your girl also needs mushrooms for Vitamin D.
    She also needs protein in the diet. This can be mealworms, WaxWorms or baked chicken. My boys eat a dried dog treat called PureBites chicken.
    She should get an assortment of healthy veggies. Nuts should be limited because they are very unhealthy. My boys get 1/2 of an almond as a treat in the morning before I leave for work.

I also want to warn you about the toilet. THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF DEATH OF FLYERS IN THE HOME IS DROWNING IN THE TOILET!!!
    As you can tell, I'm passionate about warning about this. It has happened far too many times. It breaks my heart every time I hear about another loss.

4. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Grinderhead (01-02-2018), Mel1959 (01-02-2018), Nancy in New York (01-02-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 2