Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me guys

Simona1994 Guest

Exclamation Please help me guys

Please help me guys.. My squirrel have MBD.
    Treatment on good way now,but he dont moving tail...
    Im verry afraid, or its good or no ( cause back legs he try stand normal... We giving for him calcium with vitamin D.. But tail not move... I hear that tail verry important for him

P.s: Sorry that i make mystakes with English language

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Simona1994 from:

LR (12-09-2017)

Default Re: Please help me guys

Simona, don't worry your English is fine. Go to this link,and begin the MBD protocol IMMEDIATELY.. It is your only hope of curing your squirrel of this deadly disease. Start now! And do not give him Vitamin D -- it is toxic for squirrels when given in human doses!

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-MBD-Treatment
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Default Re: paralyzed squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by Simona1994 View Post
    Hello my squirrel have MBD ,treatment on good way, but he not move tail... ( Im afraid, please or its good or no?
    Simona, I got your PM and sent a reply. PLS give details on here about your squirrel: red, gray, age, specifics about what's going on, and if you have vet support in the UK. Island Rehabber or other senior members can talk you through this.

Here is THE diet for pet squirrels: https://www.henryspets.com/healthy-d...pet-squirrels/

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SophieSquirrel:

island rehabber (12-09-2017), Rocky1 (12-18-2017)

Simona1994 Guest

We rescue little squirrel ,United Kingdom veterinary for me say: That we dont know anything about squirrel and we killing him! Yes its not illegal
    Im a lot of cry... Cause its my life ,its my children
    I love him so much!
    He healthy,just We have MBD...
    We treatment with Calcium and vitamin D3
    Treatment on good way,but he dont like vegetable..... Its verry important for him ...just tomato,avokado..... He verry like Fruits... But fruits needs sometimes... ;/ Verry difficult with diet,when for him need calcium.. And if you know more info please write please... I read everything about squirrel,but he don’t like this, don’t like this.....
    Tail sometimes to get up,but just sometimes..
    Its my life,my everything.. My boss’s

Simona1994 Guest

I don’t given a nuts , just sometimes.
    My baby growth for adult
    He 3month with us
    And 3week before for him start seizures with paralyzed..
    and Now he try stand up on he legs.
    He not distress, he happy with Me...
    I him mum And i want just healthy him

Simona,

Squirrels and rats have similar food needs. This helps because while you won't find squirrel food in a pet store, people keep rats as pets and the pet stores do sell food for them.

You want to look for rat food, but not just any rat food. Do not buy food that is full of corn and seeds. You want the kind that has been manufactured kind of like dry dog food. The pieces of food look like little round rods about an inch long and about as big around as your finger. If you look at them you cannot see any seeds or corn or anything else - just a bag of these little "rods".

He probably will not like them, BUT we can help you to use them as part of a recipe for food he WILL like. They have vitamins and minerals in them that you can't really get just feeding him vegetables. So go to the pet store and see if they have anything like this.

And do not worry about your English. I don't know what your native language is but I bet none of US could do as well trying to write it as you are with English! You have all WE need to try to help you - you have a squirrel you love and he needs help. We can work through any language difficulties together.

9. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chickenlegs (12-12-2017), LR (12-12-2017), Mel1959 (12-12-2017), muggsy'sgm (12-12-2017), SammysMom (12-12-2017)

Can you find calcium without the vitamin D? If you can find a good rat block it will have vitamin D in it. How are you giving your squirrel calcium and in what quantities? MBD takes months to reverse and the key to keeping your darling healthy is diet. CM is exactly right--your English is full of love for a special little squirrel. We speak squirrel!

11. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chickenlegs:

LR (12-12-2017), Mel1959 (12-12-2017), SammysMom (12-12-2017)

Simona1994 Guest

I give ZOLCAL-D liquid calcium and vitamin D3 supplement. But i ordered now calcium carbonate, cause need without D3? Yes?
    Ok thank you for more information im try find rat blocks... Cause unhappy but we can ordering in Uk Healty blocks...
    i really hope so that i can help for my beautiful boy
    But we have second problem , he sometimes shake head! And i dont understand why...
    im verry afraid cause in England no illegal, i call everywhere,he nothing know about squirrels! Im so sad, cause for me dasntmatter or its paralyzed or its never can’t will be normal! Im take care for him always

13. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Simona1994:

LR (12-12-2017), Mel1959 (12-12-2017)

Simona1994 Guest

Name:  483C9BA4-CFF2-4FBB-8FEC-CDC1C7422A3C.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  74.0 KB

The head shaking could be a seizure due to the MBD! KEEP UP WITH THE MBD PROTOCOL!!! If you see this, try putting some molasses on his gums and lips and make sure he is well hydrated with water!

You should order some rodent blocks. He will not like them at first but he will start to eat them after a few days if you do not feed him other things. They should be the foundation of his diet. You can give veggies but nuts and fruit are treats that should only be given a few times per week (after he has eaten his rodent block)

You can order it online at Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supreme-Pet.../dp/B007ZYR9S0

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxbow-Regal.../dp/B000GABM1K

I give ZOLCAL-D liquid calcium and vitamin D3 supplement. But i ordered now calcium carbonate, cause need without D3? Yes?
    Ok thank you for more information im try find rat blocks... Cause unhappy but we can ordering in Uk Healty blocks...
    i really hope so that i can help for my beautiful boy
    But we have second problem , he sometimes shake head! And i dont understand why...
    im verry afraid cause in England no illegal, i call everywhere,he nothing know about squirrels! Im so sad, cause for me dasntmatter or its paralyzed or its never can’t will be normal! Im take care for him always
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

I wish you could order the block we have here but the shipping costs would be just insane. He is very cute!! What is his name?

You were able to order calcium carbonate without vitamin D? That is great! Is it a powder or are they pills of some sort?

He was young when you first got him, right? Did you feed him formula? What kind? Do you have access to a powdered puppy formula? I know Royal Kanin is sold in the UK and they make something called "Babydog" formula. A powdered puppy milk replacement formula would be another good "ingredient" for making some food he will like and will help him so he gets over MBD and then never gets it again. You can look for it while you look for the rat food.

17. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

LR (12-12-2017)

Simona1994 Guest

Thank you so much. I ordering this one..
    We found him when he have only 5week, we given for him esbilac formula...
    He was healthy,but i think so we little so much given for him nuuts, large pieces food and anything..
    I ordered calcium carbonate powder without vitamin D.. Its all right ?
    He now its big boy ) Not a baby! But we hope so that really help for him, we do everything!

19. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Simona1994:

LR (12-12-2017), TubeDriver (12-12-2017)

Simona1994 Guest

Name: Neil Name:  EAB4E503-7D46-412C-AD90-5E6DEE36091D.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  80.9 KB

Simona1994 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    The head shaking could be a seizure due to the MBD! KEEP UP WITH THE MBD PROTOCOL!!! If you see this, try putting some molasses on his gums and lips and make sure he is well hydrated with water!

You should order some rodent blocks. He will not like them at first but he will start to eat them after a few days if you do not feed him other things. They should be the foundation of his diet. You can give veggies but nuts and fruit are treats that should only be given a few times per week (after he has eaten his rodent block)

You can order it online at Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supreme-Pet.../dp/B007ZYR9S0

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxbow-Regal.../dp/B000GABM1K
    What you mean mollasse? What its this?

22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Simona1994 from:

LR (12-12-2017)

Simona1994 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    I wish you could order the block we have here but the shipping costs would be just insane. He is very cute!! What is his name?

You were able to order calcium carbonate without vitamin D? That is great! Is it a powder or are they pills of some sort?

He was young when you first got him, right? Did you feed him formula? What kind? Do you have access to a powdered puppy formula? I know Royal Kanin is sold in the UK and they make something called "Babydog" formula. A powdered puppy milk replacement formula would be another good "ingredient" for making some food he will like and will help him so he gets over MBD and then never gets it again. You can look for it while you look for the rat food.
    You mean what again for him need give formula?

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Simona1994 from:

LR (12-12-2017)

Molasses. Used to cook and flavor food? It has electrolytes that can help to stop a seizure. During a seizure, rub a little bit on your finger and rub it onto his lips.

What you mean mollasse? What its this?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

26. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

LR (12-12-2017)

You mean what again for him need give formula?
    No. If you can find the rat blocks you will probably have to use them to MAKE him a food he likes because he probably won't just eat them for you. They aren't real tasty. One of the things you can add to your recipe is the puppy formula.

BUT!! If you have some left over from when he was small, mix some up and offer it in a little dish and see if he will eat it.

28. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

LR (12-12-2017), Mel1959 (12-12-2017)

Simona1994 Guest

Okey. Im order your link, from amazon.
    My squirrel dont have seizures anymore.. just when he start first week..
    But i dont know if we doing everything allright, cause in my pet store we dont gave electrolytes , minerals... Im everything purchase in ebay..

Im just afraid , cause verry long term treatment.. and he just sometimes stand legs near himself... :/ tail sometimes get up, but no more..

This is Simonas squirrel

https://youtu.be/8fJ2NSS0y4M

Simonas 2nd video

https://youtu.be/__ZFQ_Eez-o

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.