Thread: Help needed!

Exclamation Help needed!

I want to tell my story. A month ago, I found a little squirrel. he was weak and frosty. We took him home without waiting for anything. We had little information about squirrels. He quickly collapsed his back legs, and we realized that is mbd so we bought him calcium from the mbd, but we did not know anything about the exact use of it as .all the products are very different, and here in uk is a very small choice. There was another problem with time. Our little baby began to shake her head. I've read that it can be a bacterial infection, but we are not confident. We buy baytril antibiotics for birds from Canada, because they can only be obtained only with a prescription. we did not risk. can you provide more information please! I gonna put some pictures of medications maybe someone used that before and can explain me.

Default Re: HELP! Squirrel Shaking Badly

You said you found him a month ago? Before anyone can really help you, you're going to need to answer some questions.

How old was he when you found him?
    What did you feed him then and what are you feeding him now? Please list everything he actually eats. Did you ever give him formula?
    Why do you think this is MBD v. trauma he experienced before you found him?
    Has he been shaking since the beginning or is this a recent development?
    Please list all supplements and/or medications you have given him. Please be specific.

If you could upload a video of what you are seeing to youtube and post the link here it would also be helpful.

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jen413 from:

HRT4SQRLS (11-29-2017)

I dont know why but i cant insert photos

You can email them to me at 1squirrelbaby@gmail.com and I will post them for you if you want.

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

He was about 4-5 weeks. we feed him with a similar to the esbilac formula but I think we stopped feed him too early. He sometimes moves his legs and tail. We are sure that this is mbd. But we very worried about his head .sometimes he shaking head sometimes no. We read the information that itcan be a bacterial infection and then we bought a baytril for birds

And after formula we started to feed him with nuts like hazelnuts pecans and walnuts. Fruits like apples pears and grapes. Vegetables avocado tomatoes and thats it

Default Re: Help needed!

Name:  20171129_194759.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  67.0 KBName:  20171129_194825.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  74.2 KBName:  20171129_194848.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  69.6 KB

Sorry, I know they are sideways but can't turn them right now. How much and how often have you been giving the calcium? Have you given any baytril? How long has he been off of formula? If he was 4/5 weeks when you found him that would make him about 8/9 weeks now. See if you can get him to start taking formula again. If you can't get him to drink from a syringe try to put it in a bowl. Mine are about 17 weeks now and still drink it from a bowl once or twice a day. How long has he been doing the head shaking?

I'm not saying this isn't mbd, I'm just wondering if he had an injury and/or head trauma that could be causing these symptoms.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jen413 from:

HRT4SQRLS (11-29-2017)