Thread: 1 year old male squirrel masturbating?

Jonesy12 Guest

Default 1 year old male squirrel masturbating?

I have a one year old rescued male squirrel. We traveled to from Ohio to Alabama this week. We have done this twice now. Thats the only change. Yesterday while i was holdijnghim he started what i thought was cleaning his penis. BUT then his lil red part came out and he kept licking and looked like grooming. This has never happened he did it again this morning. is he masturbating? anyone dealt with this? His penis looks fine. Not red or swollen. Is he stressed from the trip? Any info welcomed.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jonesy12 from:

LR (11-21-2017)

Default Re: 1 year old male squirrel masturbating?

Hi there. Chances are he was cleaning it and realized it felt good. Dogs and other animals can and do masturbate, with or without ejaculating. It's very normal.

Edit: I just googled it for more info and this popped up first: Masturbation: Some species, both male and female,masturbate, both when partners are available and otherwise. Oral sex: Several species engage in both autofellatio and oral sex. This has been documented in brown bears, Tibetan macaques, wolves, goats, primates, hyenas, bats, cape ground squirrels and sheep

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to cava from:

LR (11-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy12 View Post
    I have a one year old rescued male squirrel. We traveled to from Ohio to Alabama this week. We have done this twice now. Thats the only change. Yesterday while i was holdijnghim he started what i thought was cleaning his penis. BUT then his lil red part came out and he kept licking and looked like grooming. This has never happened he did it again this morning. is he masturbating? anyone dealt with this? His penis looks fine. Not red or swollen. Is he stressed from the trip? Any info welcomed.
    Oh yeah. I guarantee he was a lot LESS stressed when he was done! They do this. A lot. It is perfectly normal. Congratulations. You have a teenage boy squirrel!

6. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

BuckysMommy (02-13-2020), cava (11-21-2017), Fuzz24butt (12-10-2017), LR (11-21-2017)

wow....learned something new about our squirrel kids today

8. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rexie:

cava (11-21-2017), Fuzz24butt (12-10-2017), LR (11-21-2017), Mommas Munchkins (11-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    wow....learned something new about our squirrel kids today
    Me too!! Oh, dear Lord! Who would have thunk. LOL!

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

cava (11-21-2017)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.