Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What not approved foods has your babies talked you into?

Default Re: What not approved foods has your babies talked you into?

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsie's mom View Post
    yeah tootsie play bites toes!! a little harder than i would like sometimes!
    Frankie LOVES toes! It must be a squirrel thing

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Squirreleesi:

Rexie (11-22-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-22-2017)

Ruby only has two things (right now) that she will growl and fight with me about. Hers pecan and a Ritz cracker.

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to LR:

Sammy HATES feet. He growls and attacks them. Lucky for me he can’t bite too hard or I’d probably be missing a toe.

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

6. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jen413:

KCullen (05-30-2021), Rexie (11-22-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-22-2017)

i think tootsie thinks my feet are alive like they are not a part of me. she thinks they are her size playmates!!!

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tootsie's mom from:

Rexie (11-22-2017)

the other day my little flyer ace was out, and my baby sister had dropped half a piece of bacon on the ground, and he found it. he carried the thing all the way back to his cage as i chased him down, but i got it from him. it was twice the size of his head! i confess that sometimes he does get a little human food, like a small bit of chips and stuff.
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    - Anatole France

"We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly
    perceive it to be - the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer - which is, in reality,
    no more than a reflected image of ourselves."
    - Farley Mowat

10. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Floppysquirrel04:

oh no he is going to be hooked now!! i mean its bacon!!! you cant smell and taste it and not be hooked!!!!

i know right! boy did u have a talking to from him!
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    - Anatole France

"We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly
    perceive it to be - the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer - which is, in reality,
    no more than a reflected image of ourselves."
    - Farley Mowat

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Floppysquirrel04 from:

Tootsie's mom (11-24-2017)

Tiny bit of pop tart, peanut butter cookie, and the corner of a fig newton lol. I try not to let her eat like that too often, but being happy is part of being healthy SOMETIMES.....right?

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Beecheykeen from:

Chirps (02-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Beecheykeen View Post
    Tiny bit of pop tart, peanut butter cookie, and the corner of a fig newton lol. I try not to let her eat like that too often, but being happy is part of being healthy SOMETIMES.....right?
    Beaecheykeen, you have resurrected a very old thread -- see the date in the upper left corner of the post before yours? 2017
    Nevertheless, if anyone needs to get it off their chest, reduce their guilty conscience, or whatever -- you can confess right here all the bad stuff you "accidentally" let your squirrels grab out of your hand ... confession is good for the soul!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

17. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Chirps (02-07-2021), KCullen (05-30-2021), Mel1959 (02-03-2021)

Ok then........
    Once leaving Dr Emerson's office with Conker, I stopped at a place called Ritters, it's a custard icecream stand and it's YUMMY well I bought a milkshake and drank it all 45 minutes home. Once Conker is back in his room I still had some of the shake left so I tipped the large cup on its side so Conker could have a lick. To my surprise he claimed in up to his waist 😝 I had a heck of a time getting him to back out he wanted the whole thing
    I couldn't get it washed off it stayed on him for a week, his hair was spiky like a hedgehog 🤣 however every time I picked him up he smelled delicious 😁
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

19. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Charley Chuckles:

island rehabber (02-03-2021), KCullen (05-30-2021)

Similar scenario for me and my dwarf. Leaving Dr. Emerson’s office with my little guy who had been very sick and not eating well she told me to let him have whatever he wanted to eat. I stopped at Pollo Tropicale for my dinner. Lo and behold I put a piece of chicken in his bin on the way home and he devoured it. That chicken became a constant in his diet from then on.

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

island rehabber (02-03-2021)

Tuff at this point really hasn’t had any people food...but I do believe he is a caffeine freak, when he is out of his cage he will go over to the Keurig and put his little feet on each side of the dispenser and lick it. It’s not hot but he loves that thing. He will also lick any coffee drops left on the bottom. My coffee cup stays way out of his reach. He will also lick the top of my Diet Mt. Dew can. I have to keep it out of his reach also. I was sitting in the recliner picked up my van started to take a drink, on my arm out of no where he came running. Got to my hand and I had to pry him off the can...all you can do some days is laugh.

23. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tuff:

island rehabber (02-03-2021), KCullen (05-30-2021), Mel1959 (02-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    Beaecheykeen, you have resurrected a very old thread -- see the date in the upper left corner of the post before yours? 2017
    Nevertheless, if anyone needs to get it off their chest, reduce their guilty conscience, or whatever -- you can confess right here all the bad stuff you "accidentally" let your squirrels grab out of your hand ... confession is good for the soul!

I figure no matter how much time has passed, this will always be a fun topic. If only ya'll could see how my little Icarus reacts when she KNOWS I have a Little Debbies peanut butter creme cookie.

25. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Beecheykeen:

KCullen (05-30-2021), Mel1959 (02-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    Ok then........
    Once leaving Dr Emerson's office with Conker, I stopped at a place called Ritters, it's a custard icecream stand and it's YUMMY well I bought a milkshake and drank it all 45 minutes home. Once Conker is back in his room I still had some of the shake left so I tipped the large cup on its side so Conker could have a lick. To my surprise he claimed in up to his waist 😝 I had a heck of a time getting him to back out he wanted the whole thing
    I couldn't get it washed off it stayed on him for a week, his hair was spiky like a hedgehog 🤣 however every time I picked him up he smelled delicious 😁
    lol!! Oh I wish we could've seen that on video

I can only imagine what a caffeine fueled squirrel would be like.

28. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Beecheykeen from:

Tuff (02-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Beecheykeen View Post
    I can only imagine what a caffeine fueled squirrel would be like.
    He is fast that is all I can say...sometimes I think he can see sounds..every time he does this I get the vision of Hemi off of the move Over the Hedge. I can see the instant it hits his soul and he gets that extra fire power. All you can do is sit down and let him burn himself out...Name:  B23B5343-57A8-47D3-83EA-EFB2AB976B68.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  119.4 KB

Example from this morning.

30. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tuff from:

Chirps (02-07-2021)

I guess I'll try to get away with deviating somewhat from the original thread also and simply mention that like Tootsie & Frankie; Sammy loves to "play bite" toes also. I keep reminding him that he's a Squirrel, not a Podiatrist but it makes no difference. He acts as if he doesn't understand me!

32. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

Tuff (02-04-2021)

I have yet sinned again. I let my squirrel have a few sips of my matche green tea. She does enjoy the occasional sip of tea ^_^. Icarus, drinkarus, to zenicus.....

OH MY GOSH PEOPLE!!!! I am laughing so hard at this - thank you so much, we all needed it! I especially like that some of the professional rehabbers are confessing on here.... and Dr. Emerson is guilty of instigating some of it! Maybe the patients are working together to brainwash her about snacks!

So, let's say I'm a new squirrel owner, and after reading all this, here's the foods I understand are now on the list ..... noodles, Cool Ranch Doritos, Belvita breakfast crackers, dip, vanilla ice cream, Cheetos, cheese, cereal, sour cream potato chips, butter, Sun Chips, Ritz crackers, Goldfish crackers, Little Debbie Brownies AND Peanut Butter Creme Cookies, vanilla cupcakes, Oyster crackers, tortilla chips, coconut oil, pecans, bacon, poptarts, peanut butter cookies, fig newtons, milkshakes, chicken, coffee, Diet Mt. Dew, tea and .... chapstick, inkpens and lower extremeties.

Tinkerbelle could add several more, based on the notion that California Ground Squirrels in the wild will eat just about anything they can get a hold of, or bribe off a passing motorist at a rest stop (their specialty!). Similarly, I stopped buying grain-free dog food when I realized that my dog regularly helped himself to the livestock feed......

I have to say that Tinkerbelle's cryptonite is Tortilla Chips. We have finally limited her to only getting them when it's time to go back in her cage after her daily house-time. It works like a charm. Still not sure who's training who however.....

35. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tinkerbelle:

Chirps (02-07-2021), Mel1959 (02-06-2021)

I put a full cracked coconut in a bowl outside to dry (had soaked it). It was in 2 pieces, the top was about 1/4th. Of course I forgot to bring it inside and this morning my husband said our jr. was carrying that huge coconut across the lawn. Carrying, tripping, carrying...

37. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to sundoesshine:

island rehabber (02-06-2021), Mel1959 (02-07-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast