Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What not approved foods has your babies talked you into?

Default What not approved foods has your babies talked you into?

I am just curious.... what no no foods has your babies talked you into giving them. I know we are not supposed to give them food that's not on the list but I am sure there has been at least once you let them nibble something forbidden! Tootsie talked me into giving her a tiny piece of noodle. A couple weeks ago she had a tiny corner of a cool ranch dorito... I know it's bad but it was just a morsel. I was just wondering what everyone else's babies have got away with!

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tootsie's mom:

LR (11-21-2017), muggsy'sgm (11-21-2017)

Default Re: What not approved foods has your babies talked you into?

Seymour loves my Belvita breakfast crackers. I give him a small chunk but there have been times where he takes off with the whole package and I have to chase him down. Hes very vocal about it.

4. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Seymour's mom:

KCullen (05-30-2021), LR (11-21-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-20-2017), tori_theanimallover (11-28-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour's mom View Post
    Seymour loves my Belvita breakfast crackers. I give him a small chunk but there have been times where he takes off with the whole package and I have to chase him down. Hes very vocal about it.
    Tootsie grabbed my husbands dip can I freaked out!!! Holy crap she can move! I think I chased her for 30 minutes straight I was in a panic!!! She got tired I guess. I got it from her she never got it open but wow was I freaking!!

6. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tootsie's mom:

LR (11-20-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Seymour's mom (11-25-2017)

My little flying squirrel Laz gets a tiny little morsel of Breyers All Natural Vanilla ice cream about once a week and he loves it more than life itself! He has learned to leave it in the spoon and just lick it down though his first attempt had him trying to hold it in his little paws like a nut and juggling it from paw to paw because it was COLD!! Now. when he sees a spoon he nearly turns himself inside out!

8. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

island rehabber (11-20-2017), KCullen (05-30-2021), LR (11-21-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-20-2017)

Well, I must confess. I break all the rules with my little dwarf, Joey. When he was very sick and we went to see Dr. Emerson she said that I should feed Joey whatever he would eat. He was very underweight at the time and as most dwarfs are, he’s a notoriously picky eater. So, I have tried all the good stuff. He won’t touch it. He only eats sugar snap peas and mushrooms ....occasionally, and chicken regularly. But sometimes he eats a small amount of puffed Cheetos, cheese, cereal, sour cream potato chips and butter. These are the things that he can and will eat by himself. His nutrition comes from the ground Harlan block and an assortment of baby food veggies that I mix with formula and syringe feed him about 5 times a day. He’s over two years old and still doing well, so I don’t deviate from what’s worked.

10. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

island rehabber (11-20-2017), KCullen (05-30-2021), LR (11-21-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-20-2017)

Sammy will kill for Sun Chips or Ritz crackers. I have seen him take Ken on over a bag of chips and he won...
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

12. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SammysMom:

KCullen (05-30-2021), LR (11-21-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Seymour's mom (11-25-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    My little flying squirrel Laz gets a tiny little morsel of Breyers All Natural Vanilla ice cream about once a week and he loves it more than life itself! He has learned to leave it in the spoon and just lick it down though his first attempt had him trying to hold it in his little paws like a nut and juggling it from paw to paw because it was COLD!! Now. when he sees a spoon he nearly turns himself inside out!
    omg i can just see the juggling of icecream that is to cute!!!!!

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tootsie's mom from:

LR (11-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Well, I must confess. I break all the rules with my little dwarf, Joey. When he was very sick and we went to see Dr. Emerson she said that I should feed Joey whatever he would eat. He was very underweight at the time and as most dwarfs are, he’s a notoriously picky eater. So, I have tried all the good stuff. He won’t touch it. He only eats sugar snap peas and mushrooms ....occasionally, and chicken regularly. But sometimes he eats a small amount of puffed Cheetos, cheese, cereal, sour cream potato chips and butter. These are the things that he can and will eat by himself. His nutrition comes from the ground Harlan block and an assortment of baby food veggies that I mix with formula and syringe feed him about 5 times a day. He’s over two years old and still doing well, so I don’t deviate from what’s worked.
    awww i bet he loves his goodies!!who doesnt love cheetos!

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tootsie's mom from:

LR (11-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    Sammy will kill for Sun Chips or Ritz crackers. I have seen him take Ken on over a bag of chips and he won...
    this had me cracking up!!! and he won! i love it!!

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tootsie's mom from:

LR (11-21-2017)

Sammy loves goldfish and little Debbie brownies. But I’ll tell you his favorite thing in the world to eat.....chapstick! Yup, chapstick! My son keeps a tube on his desk in his room. If I forget to close the door and turn my back on him for two seconds, he puts a hole in the lid, pulls it off and GOES TO TOWN! WHY?!?

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

20. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jen413:

LR (11-21-2017), muggsy'sgm (11-21-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Seymour's mom (11-25-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Jen413 View Post
    Sammy loves goldfish and little Debbie brownies. But I’ll tell you his favorite thing in the world to eat.....chapstick! Yup, chapstick! My son keeps a tube on his desk in his room. If I forget to close the door and turn my back on him for two seconds, he puts a hole in the lid, pulls it off and GOES TO TOWN! WHY?!?
    that is to funny tootsie is always running off with my chapstick!!!! she loves making me chase her! its a game she plays she will let me get my fingers on it and boom shes gone before i even got a chance to squeeze my fingers closed on it!! i swear i can hear her laughing as she runs!

22. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tootsie's mom:

Jen413 (11-21-2017), LR (11-21-2017), muggsy'sgm (11-21-2017)

Frankie has been crazy about vanilla cupcakes since he managed to steal his first taste of one. He tore open the cover on their container while my back was turned and I found him tucked into in the corner with his back to me trying to shovel an entire cupcake into his mouth! Boy did I get an earful trying to take it back!! Now, he throws a tantrum whenver he sniffs out that I have any in the house.

24. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Squirreleesi:

Jen413 (11-21-2017), KCullen (05-30-2021), LR (11-21-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-21-2017), tori_theanimallover (11-28-2017)

As a rehabber I don't have any free-ranging squirrels so my guys get what I give them, but way back when I did have the very first little "pet" squirrel guy who got me into all this, he was addicted to Oysterette crackers. Yup, those hexagon-shaped salty things you get at seafood restaurants with your clam chowder? He was a sweet squirrel but he'd happily kill you for your Oysterette
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

26. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Jen413 (11-21-2017), KCullen (05-30-2021), LR (11-21-2017), muggsy'sgm (12-12-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsie's mom View Post
    its a game she plays she will let me get my fingers on it and boom shes gone before i even got a chance to squeeze my fingers closed on it!!
    There's no playing when it comes to Sammy and his chap stick!! You even look at him with it and he freezes. You take one tiny little step toward him and he's FUSSING!!! If you start walking toward him, he's off like a bolt making me chase him. He's more vicious over chap stick than any nut he's ever had!

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

28. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jen413:

LR (11-21-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-21-2017)

Yes! Frances ate a Burt's Bees chap stick in the blink of an eye. The only thing I could use was lip carmex which is gross and they didn't try to eat. I agree, WHY??

30. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to cava:

Jen413 (11-21-2017), LR (11-21-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-21-2017)

Frances and Basil went ape**** over tortilla chips. I think it's the salt and oil. Oh, and the jar of coconut oil, which thankfully is glass and metal and they could never get in.

32. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to cava:

muggsy'sgm (11-21-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-21-2017)

There's no playing when it comes to Sammy and his chap stick!! You even look at him with it and he freezes. You take one tiny little step toward him and he's FUSSING!!! If you start walking toward him, he's off like a bolt making me chase him. He's more vicious over chap stick than any nut he's ever had!
    I am lucky i guess tootsie makes aloud fuss but thats it she will not bite me no matter how mad she gets and boy oh boy have i had her mad!!!! now she is so very vocal and i dare anyone else to try to take something from her lol she would eat them up but she just wont bite me... my son went to help me and i told him dont grab her because i knew she would have bite the blood out of him for grabbing her treasure!!!

34. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tootsie's mom:

Jen413 (11-21-2017), Rexie (11-21-2017)

Sammy never bites either. He hollers, fusses, squeals, squeaks, slaps, and sometimes scratches a little but never bites unless its playfully. Unless you count feet that is.

36. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jen413 from:

Tootsie's mom (11-21-2017)

yeah tootsie play bites toes!! a little harder than i would like sometimes!

I had such a great time reading these threads. keep them comming... it's nice to read fun happy stuff too. I don't have a bad food story to add but there have been a few times my boy got a hold of a ink pen and seriously protested me taking it away. I think it's cute when they fuss, chatter, and slap at you.. as long as they don't rip off your fingers, lol

39. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rexie:

Jen413 (11-21-2017), LR (11-21-2017), Tootsie's mom (11-21-2017)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast