Thread: 3 year old eating dribbling urine

Question 3 year old eating dribbling urine

he has always pee peed on himself some when he is out running around. I have noticed lately it's more than usual. he still has urine spots in the bottom of his cage. he still points and pees on things when he wants to. his urine is normal color and smells normal and no blood. we follow the nutrition chart. he has been chewing on alot more dried rose hips than usual maybe that's irritating his urinary tract. he loves and eats fresh cranberries now they are in season. possible UTI or just a adult male thing. Rexies mom

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rexie from:

LR (11-18-2017)

Default Re: 3 year old eating dribbling urine

Sometimes I think they dribble urine as a way of marking their territory. I watch my yard squirrels do it all the time. Usually with a UTI they have difficulty urinating. You will notice them trying to go but producing no urine.

I don’t know if rose hips can cause any irritation to the urinary tract. Hopefully others that are more familiar with feeding them will chime in. The cranberries are excellent for their urinary tract, but all things in moderation. . I’d just be watchful for any other changes in urine.

4. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Diggie's Friend (11-28-2017), LR (11-18-2017), Rexie (11-18-2017)

yes he does mark his territory and me too. lol I am going to stop the rose hips for a week and see if it gets better. I have been letting him chew on too many i will admit it. The thing that concerns me is how wet he gets in that area but he has always been a pee pee boy. it seems though like it happens when he is out running in his room so maybe he is stimulating himself when he is touching his belly on things. I will get him on antibiotics if I need to i just don't want to give any meds if they are not needed.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rexie from:

LR (11-18-2017)

so tonight he leaked/ dribbled urine again. He is urinating in
    his cage and I see him squirt urine on things when running around his room. It seems it happens when he is out his cage. urine is clear and light yellow and the normal testosterone odor. like I said in the first post he has always been a pee pee boy just seems worse at times. I am not convinced that it is a UTI. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Rexies mom

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rexie from:

LR (11-28-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Usually with a UTI they have difficulty urinating.
    UTI's can go both ways, difficulty or frequent. Frequent urination is often associated with the inability to empty the bladder completely and often causes urinary incontinence. Both the inability to empty the bladder completely and or incontinence can harbor a urinary tract infection.
    Frequent urination can also be associated with Diuresis and the physiologic process that produces the increase which involves increased urine production in the
    kidneys as part of the body's homeostatic maintenance of fluid balance.
    Last edited by stepnstone; 11-28-2017 at 02:00 AM.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

10. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

island rehabber (11-28-2017), LR (11-28-2017), Rexie (11-28-2017)

thank you for your reply. this morning he was dry. when he is in his cage he is mostly dry. if I decide to start him on antibiotics would there be any harm if there is no infection being good bacteria gets killed off as well. I am kinda weird about taking antibiotics myself. I do understand the risk of a UTI if it does go untreated. I guess I am in a confusing situation with my boy. I want the best for him I love him tremendously, Rexies mom

i have been keeping a mental note on the days i see him dribble urine. so far i noted on guava day and then citrus day. the days in between those days he was dry. my possible theory is certain food items irritate his urinary tract. i would love to hear anyones thoughts or experience they might have had. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    i have been keeping a mental note on the days i see him dribble urine. so far i noted on guava day and then citrus day. the days in between those days he was dry. my possible theory is certain food items irritate his urinary tract. i would love to hear anyones thoughts or experience they might have had. thanks
    additional info. even when i see the dribble he still aims and urinates a full stream when out in his room with me and it looks to be normal