Thread: Acting funny!!!

Heathermclean4 Guest

Default Acting funny!!!

I just woke up my squirrel by going down stairs to check on him and he seemed fine he wanted to come out of his cage so I toil home out and he fell asleep on my stomach which is normal for him if he just woke up. But then he woke up (while sleeping on me) and he started to make the grunting noises that he makes if he’s upset or playful. It was odd but then he started playing like normal. I was playing with him for a bit and then he peed and pooped and then started to make the noises again and more frequently. He started to act a little off, I guess tired would be the word I’m looking for. I brought the him back to his cage and he seemed fine so I have him some peas which he gobbled up and some lettuce and fresh water. Could this have been wbecauae he was hungry/ tired? I have a slight cold and I’m just worried he might have it ? Any helpful tips for a stressed mom would be amazing!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Heathermclean4 from:

LR (11-18-2017)

Default Re: Acting funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heathermclean4 View Post
    I just woke up my squirrel by going down stairs to check on him and he seemed fine he wanted to come out of his cage so I toil home out and he fell asleep on my stomach which is normal for him if he just woke up. But then he woke up (while sleeping on me) and he started to make the grunting noises that he makes if he’s upset or playful. It was odd but then he started playing like normal. I was playing with him for a bit and then he peed and pooped and then started to make the noises again and more frequently. He started to act a little off, I guess tired would be the word I’m looking for. I brought the him back to his cage and he seemed fine so I have him some peas which he gobbled up and some lettuce and fresh water. Could this have been wbecauae he was hungry/ tired? I have a slight cold and I’m just worried he might have it ? Any helpful tips for a stressed mom would be amazing!
    Can you give us some background.
    What formula are you feeding?
    How long have you had it?
    How old is he/she?
    Where in New York do you live?
    I will be going off line for the night in a little while.
    But answers to these questions will help others when they come on.
    Last edited by Nancy in New York; 11-18-2017 at 12:04 AM.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

LR (11-18-2017)

Heathermclean4 Guest

He is no longer on formula he is about one and a half years old and he eats two Henry’s blocks a day and veggies some fruits and a few nuts but he mostly hides them. I live in the Rochester area and have had him since h e was a out 3 weeks old

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Heathermclean4:

LR (11-18-2017), Nancy in New York (11-17-2017)

Heathermclean4 Guest

I am really worried, I was so relieved when he ate and drank but he has never made that grunting noise repedidly like that

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Heathermclean4 from:

LR (11-18-2017)

He is no longer on formula he is about one and a half years old and he eats two Henry’s blocks a day and veggies some fruits and a few nuts but he mostly hides them. I live in the Rochester area and have had him since h e was a out 3 weeks old

Do you give him food to munch on through out the day, meaning
    is something accessible to him at all times?
    I don't think this has anything to do with you having a cold.
    Squirrels don't catch what we have.

Does his urine look/smell strong?
    Are his poops dark and hard, or normal.

Diet is KEY to everything.
    Fruits and nuts should be a treat, and given in very limited amounts.
    Here's a link to the healthy diet.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

LR (11-18-2017)

Heathermclean4 Guest

When I leave for work I usually give him a Henry’s block and a few vegetables. He has nuts in his cage that he has buried also. My mom the comes home a few hours later and gives him a snack and then I give him another block and a few vegetables at night. He might have had a Brazil nut today because my mom bought a bag of mixed nuts and I don’t know what she gave him. I read that they can be toxic but could it hurt him if he only had one? I do not plan on giving him anymore

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Heathermclean4 from:

LR (11-18-2017)

Heathermclean4 Guest

I will check his urine and poop also but I didn’t notice anything when he went earlier

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Heathermclean4 from:

LR (11-18-2017)

Heathermclean4 Guest

I just read the food chart and noticed that I feed most vegetables in group three so I will get more vegetables from group one and two tomorrow morning

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Heathermclean4 from:

LR (11-18-2017)

I just read the food chart and noticed that I feed most vegetables in group three so I will get more vegetables from group one and two tomorrow morning
    Tomorrow I will post a picture of what I put in my squirrels bowls.
    They finish it all most of the time.
    They eat all day long, you know just munch at will.
    Yeah no brazil nuts.
    Actually they should only get 1-2 nuts daily, and most will
    only give one daily.
    I'll write more tomorrow.

Can you post a picture of your little one?

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

LR (11-18-2017)

Hmm... my 6 yr old boy grunts when he comes to me in the morning. Sometimes thru the day he'll grunt. Does your boy hold your wrist when you hold your hand out to him? Mine hugs my wrist and grunts. It could just be he sees you as his sibling. The boys I think will especially do the grunting. If your food is right, and he isnt injured, id say hes just communicating with you.
    Curliesmom

20. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Curliesmom2017:

LR (11-18-2017), Rexie (11-18-2017)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.