Thread: Is making a mess of her Henry’s Blocks normal?

Default Is making a mess of her Henry’s Blocks normal?

Lucy is about 15 weeks right now and seems to be a happy and thriving little girl.
    We started her on blocks at about 7 weeks (shortly after getting her) and she enthusiastically takes two of them every morning, and then other healthy treats throughout the day.

I have a question about the blocks. She makes a mess of them! I don’t mind the cleanup, but I’m wondering if she’s actually ingesting enough to keep her healthy and to fend off MBD. She leaves quite a few crumbs behind, but I can’t really tell how much is actually left behind.

Anybody else’s little friends do the same?

Here’s a pic from this morning after 2 blocks.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Undertheradar from:

LR (11-17-2017)

Default Re: Is making a mess of her Henry’s Blocks normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Undertheradar View Post
    Lucy is about 15 weeks right now and seems to be a happy and thriving little girl.
    We started her on blocks at about 7 weeks (shortly after getting her) and she enthusiastically takes two of them every morning, and then other healthy treats throughout the day.
    I have a question about the blocks. She makes a mess of them! I don’t mind the cleanup, but I’m wondering if she’s actually ingesting enough to keep her healthy and to fend off MBD. She leaves quite a few crumbs behind, but I can’t really tell how much is actually left behind.
    Anybody else’s little friends do the same?
    Yes, it is normal for them to shred their block. As they get older they will consume
    more of it but will still make a mess of crumbs. It's a squirrel thing.

Your mention of "other healthy treats throughout the day" is concerning. Treats are just that, treats.
    They should not be considered or fed as part of a nutritional diet.
    Is she still taking formula? Have you seen the healthy diet for squirrels to be feeding her responsibly?
    Attaching link to the healthy diet....
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

LR (11-17-2017)

Default Re: Is making a mess of her Henry’s Blocks normal?

Thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, she’s being fed according to the guide, and no...she is no longer on formula. I used the term “treat” to cover everything she eats enthusiastically.

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    Yes, it is normal for them to shred their block. As they get older they will consume
    more of it but will still make a mess of crumbs. It's a squirrel thing.

Your mention of "other healthy treats throughout the day" is concerning. Treats are just that, treats.
    They should not be considered or fed as part of a nutritional diet.
    Is she still taking formula? Have you seen the healthy diet for squirrels to be feeding her responsibly?
    Attaching link to the healthy diet....
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Undertheradar:

LR (11-17-2017), stepnstone (11-17-2017)