Thread: SPINACH AND KALE AND BELL PEPPERS, OH MY!

Threaded View

Default SPINACH AND KALE AND BELL PEPPERS, OH MY!

Good morning, TSB.

I'm really confused lately, looking at the "Healthy Diet for Pet Squirrels." Some people absolutely hang the moon by these rules. Others, not so much. There are a couple of items on the list which seem to conflict with other sources a whole lot.

sidenote: I use Sells' nut square kits, HHBs, Oxbow, and lots of fresh veggies, green stuff, etc...from Groups 1-3. Nut, one a day. Fruit, 2 little pieces a day.

Now, are sugar snap peas good or not? Corn? They are each in Group 3 (use sparingly). But some of the TSB members say NO to corn in ALL instances.

And I've read on countless sites that bell peppers are great for squirrels, as are swiss chard and spinach. These are in the AVOID column on the Healthy Diet sheet.

I realized this morning that Muggsy's plate had Oxbow, half a grape, kale, zucchini, snap peas, half a grape tomato, chayote, baby spinach, brussels sprout half, sprouts, and HHB w/coconut oil. Y'all...4 of these items are on AVOID or Group 3!

Have I been inadvertently, slowly killing my little grey? He is super-healthy, active, great coat, shiny eyes, 2 hours out and about a day (his own room), play time several times a day, 10ccs or so of FV at night, boo balls midday.
    But now I'm obsessing over the freaking okra, bell peppers, swiss chard, squash, etc...

Muggsy loves fresh corn (like, 10 kernels is all I give him...once a week or so)...swiss chard...snap peas.

What are your personal experiences or anecdotes about this stuff?

Much thanks. I wouldn't have made it this far as a squirrel mom, if it hadn't have been for all of y'all.

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to muggsy'sgm:

cava (11-14-2017), LR (11-14-2017)