Thread: Feeding pumpkin

Default Feeding pumpkin

What parts of a pumpkin can little Beensy eat? Flesh with or without skin, guts, seeds-shelled or whole? Should it all be cooked first or can she eat it raw? How much of it can she eat?

Default Re: Feeding pumpkin

Squirrels out in the wild will eat the whole pumpkin raw, but they love the guts.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Slinky:

Gypsy Love (10-30-2017), LR (10-30-2017)

My squirrels love the pumpkin seeds best. My little girly nearly fought me over them last night when she thought I was trying to take them away.
    Name:  IMG_1344.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  122.3 KB
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

5. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

Gypsy Love (10-30-2017), LR (10-30-2017), Nancy in New York (10-30-2017)

Pumpkins are a squash. Baking it you can use a melon scooper to scoop out measured portions for meals. Do not the squash in yoru fridge for there it will mold past three days. Instead scoop out portions to add to a freezer ziplock bag. To get the air out, close the zip nearly fully, and place a straw into the opening; then suck out the excess air, sealing it quickly to finish. When you are ready to fed the squash just take out a couple of portions and put them in a smaller ziplock bag in your fridge to thaw overnight.

The seeds you can soak to get off any of the mash, and dry them. The place them on a wax paper on a cooking sheet, and dry them in the oven on no higher than 180 degrees F for 20 minutes, as you don't want them to sweat, as that damages the proteins and oils.

My new favorite pumpkin squash is one of the Cinderella shaped varieties developed in France from pumpkins in the Americas. My favorite pumpkin seeds are the hulless Styrian Pumpkin seeds, the best nutritional source of all pumpkin seeds are organic Styrian pumpkin seeds(grown in the USA.), for most other varieties are imported, produced in China and other countries.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

LR (10-30-2017)