Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

Default Re: Help!!!

Our prayers join yours. You're not alone here.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SammysMom:

HRT4SQRLS (10-28-2017), Nancy in New York (10-28-2017)

Praying for your little guy.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

4. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

HRT4SQRLS (10-28-2017), Nancy in New York (10-28-2017), SammysMom (10-28-2017)

Prayers for you both as well as your baby that passed.

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jen413:

HRT4SQRLS (10-29-2017), Nancy in New York (10-28-2017)

Sending hugs and prayers

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lukaslolamaus:

HRT4SQRLS (10-29-2017), Nancy in New York (10-28-2017)

Adding my prayers for these innocent lives.

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

HRT4SQRLS (10-29-2017)

Update.
    Now he is very restless. Will not go to sleep. Trying to crawl around but he still cannot move his back legs. Gasping for air with every breath. I will be staying up with him all night, just in case.

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Kenzie from:

LR (10-29-2017)

It was the calm before the storm. Both of my babies have passed. 😭❤️ Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Thank you to everyone who gave me advice to try to save my little ones.

Awww, so sorry for you.... praying for the little fuzzbutts who are now in heaven. Remember that you tried your best and they didn't die alone...

So sorry Kenzie.

I'm heartbroken to read this.
    Rest in Peace
    Precious Souls Name:  dove2.gif
Views: 52
Size:  701 Bytes

They did not die alone. They were both cuddled until they passed. Thank you all again. ❤️

18. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Kenzie:

HRT4SQRLS (10-29-2017), SammysMom (10-29-2017)

Oh no, I'm so sorry Kenzie.
    Godspeed precious little ones.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

I am very sorry to read that both have passed.

Now is the time to really concentrate on the three remaining babies Kenzie. I know this is a really sad time for you but pour that sadness (it really will help with time) and LOVE into keeping the others with you...💞

22. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to LR:

cava (10-29-2017), HRT4SQRLS (10-29-2017), lennysmom (10-29-2017), lukaslolamaus (10-29-2017), Nancy in New York (10-29-2017), SammysMom (10-29-2017), TubeDriver (10-29-2017)

I'm sorry Rest peacefully babies

Thank you all for the kind words. They really are my babies, so it is hard. ❤️
    I have switched their food to veggies, we are working on trying to get a rodent block. My other three are still running around, wild as ever. They seem to be very picky with the broccoli. They are also starting to lick us through their cage. Guess it’s time for a salt lick too.
    Do I order all these online? I did screenshot the post on how to make your own rodent block, but we have to order the Henry’s vitamins. Is there something else we can use for the vitamins instead of having to wait for Henry’s to arrive?

Godspeed sweet babies...

So very sorry for your terrible loss. A few things... No salt lick. Keep up the Tums and veggies. You can get commercial rodent block at Petco or Petsmart until the Henry's order gets to you. Oxbow rat block is a good one or Harlan Teklad. Even Kaytee in the short term is ok. Not the mix of seeds and crap. It is just pieces of tan hard material.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

26. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SammysMom:

HRT4SQRLS (10-29-2017), LR (10-29-2017)

If you can find pure calcium carbonate powder you can make a small batch of blocks until your order arrives. Henry's ships zoomie fast. The calcium blocks will give them something immediately till the good stuff comes. You can get whey protein at the grocery--Red Mill makes some and it's not too pricey. I order whey isolate protein in 10 pound lots. It's close to 100 bucks but I have it for a looooong time. The eggs give some extra protein and vitamins and you can actually use two regular size eggs. The nuts make them tasty. Harlan Teklad 18 are excellent. Wee Companions ships on Saturday and Wednesday. If I order by noon on Saturday I get my blocks Monday AND you don't have to order a lot. Those blocks will save your babies. Oxbow are good nutrition and you can get them at PetSmart. I've had some issues with my babies eating them but if that's what there is, that's what they'll eat. They won't starve.

28. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chickenlegs:

cava (10-29-2017), HRT4SQRLS (10-29-2017), lennysmom (10-29-2017), LR (10-29-2017), SammysMom (10-29-2017)

Kenzie, here's an idea for you. Buy a rodent block at PetCo or any pet retailer. They sell Mazuri or Oxbow. I guarantee you they won't eat it because frankly they taste nasty... not that I've tasted them. (Harlan Teklad is my favorite (Non-Henrys) commercial rodent block but unfortunately it has to be bought online.)Take any type of Bullet, coffee grinder or food processor that will grind the blocks into powder. Buy some of the tubed or jarred baby food. Many use the baby veggies but in this case I would even try the fruit. There are many variations. Some add a little coconut oil, peanut butter powder or powdered formula. Roll them into balls and freeze them. These added ingredients make them taste better and squirrels will eat them. I have found that if a squirrel wasn't started out on these commercial rodent blocks, they will NOT eat them. No way, No how! That's where the added tasty things help. Feed them frozen. Squirrels love frozen things.

I hesitate to say this but as a last resort you might need to grind and add a few nuts to the mix to entice them. If you do add a few nuts, make sure that it's a small amount compared to the other ingredients. Just enough for taste.

The bottom line is that the commercial blocks have been formulated to provide adequate minerals and vitamins to maintain health but if they won't eat them, that doesn't help us at all. Try 'doctoring' them up. These are ingredients that you can get today.

I would recommend kale, squash (yellow, butternut or acorn), avocado and sugar snap peas as veggies. You should also back off on the fruit. They will always reject a veggie when a fruit is there.

I know you are probably overwhelmed with too much information but I am going to post a little more in separate links. You already have this info but I want to post again so that it isn't in the midst of last nights emergency.

Again, Kenzie... I am so sorry. Last night was just awful. I know that your heart is broken.

30. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

cava (10-29-2017), lennysmom (10-29-2017), LR (10-29-2017)

Yeah--the commercial blocks are nasty and I HAVE tasted them cause I picked up what I thought was a cookie in the dark and "kaaaaaarunch--BLEEEEEEEEH!" thank you so much Patti. I have to tinker with the stuff I add to my boo balls. Seems every squirrel comes with different taste buds. Your babies will grow up healthy and ready to take on the trees come spring! They will take the spirits of their siblings with them.

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Kenzie, here's an idea for you. Buy a rodent block at PetCo or any pet retailer. They sell Mazuri or Oxbow. I guarantee you they won't eat it because frankly they taste nasty... not that I've tasted them. (Harlan Teklad is my favorite (Non-Henrys) commercial rodent block but unfortunately it has to be bought online.)Take any type of Bullet, coffee grinder or food processor that will grind the blocks into powder. Buy some of the tubed or jarred baby food. Many use the baby veggies but in this case I would even try the fruit. There are many variations. Some add a little coconut oil, peanut butter powder or powdered formula. Roll them into balls and freeze them. These added ingredients make them taste better and squirrels will eat them. I have found that if a squirrel wasn't started out on these commercial rodent blocks, they will NOT eat them. No way, No how! That's where the added tasty things help. Feed them frozen. Squirrels love frozen things.

I hesitate to say this but as a last resort you might need to grind and add a few nuts to the mix to entice them. If you do add a few nuts, make sure that it's a small amount compared to the other ingredients. Just enough for taste.

The bottom line is that the commercial blocks have been formulated to provide adequate minerals and vitamins to maintain health but if they won't eat them, that doesn't help us at all. Try 'doctoring' them up. These are ingredients that you can get today.

I would recommend kale, squash (yellow, butternut or acorn), avocado and sugar snap peas as veggies. You should also back off on the fruit. They will always reject a veggie when a fruit is there.

I know you are probably overwhelmed with too much information but I am going to post a little more in separate links. You already have this info but I want to post again so that it isn't in the midst of last nights emergency.

Again, Kenzie... I am so sorry. Last night was just awful. I know that your heart is broken.

32. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chickenlegs from:

LR (10-29-2017)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast