Thread: Safe Transition Temps.

Default Safe Transition Temps.

I may have already asked but I can’t find the thread if I did

We live in NE MS, so Spring is on the way. Our daily highs are in the 60’s and the lows are 40-50’s ( occasional lower dips). The “Teenies” ( the two flyers) have been inside since early last Fall. We keep our house at around 70 year round. I think I’ve decided they will be happier if I can petition off , and move them to the outdoor community squirrel room. There would be so much more to offer for their mental stimulation. I can put nest boxes on the wall, have their own sets of greasy branches, a dirt box, and anything else that could make life interesting ( vs lamp fixtures, window sills and counter tops in the bathroom thwybnow have claim to...)

I’ve read ( in one post somewhere) these littles ( or any squirrel) can easily stress and die from extreme, sudden temperature changes. As long as our MS temps are consistently in the 50’s/60’s day and night, would you think it’s ok to transfer them (cage, cozy cube etc and all, at first till used to new surrroundings) to this room? My life ( and theirs) will be dramatically simpler if this could work... I am not complaint, and am totally committed to them and their needs... not ever going to regime because of inconveniences... but the daily morning bathroom cleaning rituals ( for human sanity needs ) is getting wearisome!!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

SammysMom (02-11-2018)

Default Re: Safe Transition Temps.

That seems totally reasonable to me temperature-wise. Also will make them so happy to have that kind of stimulation!
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

Snicker Bar (02-11-2018)

Ok thanks! And good grief at the typos!” Fresh “ branches ( not greasy!) and “never going to rehome due to inconvenience (not regime lol!) Couldn’t find stupid bifocals ...

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

SammysMom (02-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Ok thanks! And good grief at the typos!” Fresh “ branches ( not greasy!) and “never going to rehome due to inconvenience (not regime lol!) Couldn’t find stupid bifocals ...
    Not to worry...I read what you meant!
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SammysMom:

Mel1959 (02-11-2018), Snicker Bar (02-11-2018)