Thread: Hmmm....Over-reacting or not?- Regarding Rescuing 3 Hurricane Irma Squirrels-

Default Hmmm....Over-reacting or not?- Regarding Rescuing 3 Hurricane Irma Squirrels-

Hi Nancy and all,

Its been awhile since I posted. Last time I posted was about letting Charlie the juvenile out of his cage...all on here said no, to young....but after a bad bite, I figured he knew more then us. This was about 3 weeks ago or so....well hes out everyday and comes home every night...except for 1 time when I came home to late and it was dark-but he survived and came home at 6am in the morning-he stayed the night on the roof.

Anyways-yesterday, now the babies for the first time I allowed outside. It took awhile for them to leave the window from their room and cage, but once they were out they played like crazy. I'm so happy they are all coming back home in the evening through the window they go out....However over the last week or so, I have noticed dark spots near the babies faces, like slashes with hairloss (I'm posting pics below, hard to see it but I did my best for you all to see). I am confused is this biting/fighting and rough housing or is it dermatophtosis?
    Please take a look and let me know what you all think. I did put a drop of revolution on all 3 of them weeks back, but Charlie the oldest doesn't have them. The other odd thing its only on their faces, behind their whiskers and infront of their ears, like on the side of their cheeks. The babies whom I took in and their eyes were closed for over 3 weeks are the hardest ones to hold and deal with, actually Charlie whom was rescued with his eyes open is easier with being held then the babies or I'd get better pictures....Please any heads up on if this is a skin condition please let me know, I like to treat sooner then later before it gets worse and don't want Charlie getting it. These guys are a handful...anyone thinking on taking in squirrels and raising them needs dedication....They all still want their Milk...Charlie wanting it the most more then the kids...which is sooooo odd....

The last pic is they youngest ones outside for the for the first time yesterday, to cute not to post.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to marci1111 from:

Rocky102014 (10-19-2017)

Default Re: Hmmm....Over-reacting or not?- Regarding Rescuing 3 Hurricane Irma Squirrels-

They still look like babies to me, how old are they?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator