Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Recurring facial abscess?

Default Re: Help! Recurring facial abscess?

Quote Originally Posted by urbansquirrelfriend View Post
    Yes, we gave her some natural peanut butter and some avocado and she has gobbled all of that up. Also gave her an apple which she rejected - she never eats fruit! I am cooking up a sweet potato now that I am going to try to mash some avocado and her meds in for her when she comes back down.

We are supposed to dose her 2x a day on sulfamide for 14 days, though when I spoke to the vet I noted that it might realistically be more like 1x a day for 28 days as we work and primarily see her in the mornings, not so much when we get home. There's not really a way we could dose her 2x a day at a proper interval.

The probiotics are a good idea - I could leave some out for her on an avocado if I have to leave. I'm assuming it's ok if another squirrel eats those, right? She is pretty much the only one who hangs out but we do get some others on occasion.

How much of the capsule do you give? The amount you listed is just showing up as a red O for me.
    Yes the red O is suppose to basically show you the amount.
    We typically say a pinch, but the O hopefully will show you
    what a pinch is. Probiotics are pretty benign, so the exact amount is not imperative, just
    close is fine.

Oh ok, I get what you mean now. Thank you! I will pick up some probiotics today.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to urbansquirrelfriend from:

Nancy in New York (10-23-2017)

Here's our girl Fern this morning, looking much better and gobbling down the avocado we put her AB's in.

Also happy to report she is back to normal when it comes to eating her nuts and packed a few away this morning!

Name:  IMG_1768.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  105.9 KB

5. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to urbansquirrelfriend:

Jen413 (10-24-2017), Nancy in New York (10-24-2017), stepnstone (10-24-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12