Thread: Seeking dosage info for baytril

Rattlecat Guest

Default Seeking dosage info for baytril

Hello to everyone, I currently live in the panhandle of Florida and I am new to the board. I recently had around a 5 week old grey squirrel who ended up with pneumonia and did not make it. I invested a lot of time and reading into the little guy and was pretty sad he didn't make it. From my understanding the best medication to treat pneumonia would be baytril which I could not get at the time but found a way to get it after he was gone. I have decided to be proactive and make a squirrel box with all the things I bought for him and all the notes I took about treating and caring for him that way if another little guy comes along I will be more prepared rather than scouring the internet and calling every rehabber around. So what I am looking for is guidance on dosage for baytril. The only thing I found and am not sure if its accurate is at the low end the dosage should be 2.5mg/1,000g and at the high end 5mg/1,000g. Is this accurate? I need additional information if so. I would really like to know the dosing guidelines for this medicine or where I can read up on it so I can add this to my kit. I've seen guidance given out to particular cases on here but not the overall dosing information. Thank you for any information or sources you guys might have on this.

2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rattlecat:

HRT4SQRLS (10-12-2017), LR (10-12-2017)

SnowWhitewannabe Guest

Default Re: Seeking dosage info for baytril

I have a vet appointment today looking for the answers to that. My little guy Timmy came down with pneumonia yesterday. I'm so worried about him, leaving for the dr. Soon. Wish us luck.

4. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SnowWhitewannabe:

cava (10-12-2017), HRT4SQRLS (10-12-2017), LR (10-12-2017), Nancy in New York (10-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlecat View Post
    Hello to everyone, I currently live in the panhandle of Florida and I am new to the board. I recently had around a 5 week old grey squirrel who ended up with pneumonia and did not make it. I invested a lot of time and reading into the little guy and was pretty sad he didn't make it. From my understanding the best medication to treat pneumonia would be baytril which I could not get at the time but found a way to get it after he was gone. I have decided to be proactive and make a squirrel box with all the things I bought for him and all the notes I took about treating and caring for him that way if another little guy comes along I will be more prepared rather than scouring the internet and calling every rehabber around. So what I am looking for is guidance on dosage for baytril. The only thing I found and am not sure if its accurate is at the low end the dosage should be 2.5mg/1,000g and at the high end 5mg/1,000g. Is this accurate? I need additional information if so. I would really like to know the dosing guidelines for this medicine or where I can read up on it so I can add this to my kit. I've seen guidance given out to particular cases on here but not the overall dosing information. Thank you for any information or sources you guys might have on this.

6. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

cava (10-12-2017), HRT4SQRLS (10-12-2017), LR (10-12-2017), Mel1959 (10-12-2017), stepnstone (10-12-2017)

Rattlecat Guest

Thank you for replying. I'm not sure how to reply to a specific post so hopefully you will see this Nancy in New York. The page you posted is very helpful, thank you. On the chart it says "see dilutions", can you please post that page also.

Rattlecat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Nancy please see my post above. Wasn't sure how to reply to specific posts before. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlecat View Post
    Thank you for replying. I'm not sure how to reply to a specific post so hopefully you will see this Nancy in New York. The page you posted is very helpful, thank you. On the chart it says "see dilutions", can you please post that page also.

Sure.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.