Thread: Highly recommended rehabber in Illinois

Default Highly recommended rehabber in Illinois

I highly recommend Herrick Wildlife Rescue in Herrick, IL. You can find them on facebook. Phone: (home) 618-428-5266 (cell) 217-825-7040

I drove down there myself last night and talked to the woman and saw her place (a bit), plus you can see her place on facebook. Everything is clean and well-appointed. She is the real deal. No compromise, absolute compassion, a true warrior with a shattered heart for the lives of the small and large wild things (she also has domestic rescues and special needs animals). She provides a super high quality home for those who cannot be released. She never turns anyone away and is available 24 hours/ 365 days a year. The police knock on her door in the middle of the night. She takes the animals that the f#$%ing U of I wildlife medical ward is ready to discard once they are finished teaching their students and soaking up all community donations. She is my kind of gal ! And she has been doing this for 36 years.

Make a note, if you live within transport distance of her!

2. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to amsong:

cava (10-11-2017), Lighten-Up (10-13-2017), Mel1959 (10-13-2017), Nancy in New York (10-11-2017)