Thread: 7-8weeks and resisting formula and super picky. Mistakes and corrections possibly cha

Default 7-8weeks and resisting formula and super picky. Mistakes and corrections possibly cha

So my little guy is roughtly 7-9 weeks somewhere in between. We recently upgraded his cage because he was becoming more active jumping and hanging and it was cramped now that he is more active. Im not sure if the move to his new habitat is throwing him off because he went from eating his veggies good to bascially nothing. Also i feel like i have created some bad habits for him and had some guilt from the change in habitat that maybe i was giving more treats then should be. Before the change i struggled with his formula he started to really fight me on it. I would cover his eyes and even try putting in a shallow dish, but nothing.

I just found the daily suggested food triangle and it looks like i have been screwing up alot.. smh how can i correct this?

His daily routine is a formula feeding in the morning if possible

One block in the morning ( sometimes he eats sometimea he leaves it. ) somedays he is good and goes thru them.

Afternoon; formula
    If he didnt take it in the am attempt #2, veggies(kale,greenbeans,carrots, broccoli)

Evening; 3rd attempt if other 2 failed,i give another half block of henrys a peeled grape is given sometimes threw out the day in pieces aswell a nut. Since his move he has pulled back on the veggies and wants only the nuts.. ( i gave in) and veggies for the night. Usually he wont fight the night feeding he fought me all day

I litterally just bought snap peas, romaine to add and his food not realizing they were veggies on the last bracket. I bought some extra rat blocks are those neccessary or is Henrys ok? He drinks water out of a water feeder.

I know i will have to give tough love but i get so confused as to nuts no nuts how much and what foods are appropriate. I see several different suggestions and i get anxiety that im screwing up.

I was given him by blue pearl as a replacement swap for my baby gurl who i rescued during Hurricane irma and she had water in her lungs. When taking her to get help i was told lies so i surrendered her only to find out that it wasnt illegal to have her here and when I went back to get her i was give a older male and told that she had passed. Idkb if thats true but i just try not to think of that. It took me a minute to warm up to this guy. I never thought id want a squirrel but that little gurl changed my heart and i cried for days. Now this dude is super spoiled and i worry that im doing things right for him and eveytime i get on here i read another post that makes me nervous because i read something that says im doing things incorrect and i only want whats best for him. Since i know virtually nothing about little guy rescue i havent any idea how long he was in the vet because he knew exactly how to drink and drink well from the water feeder. Any tips are well appreciated on how to get him to continue his formula and get back to eating his veggies and if extra rat blocks is neccessary? Also one last thing is it okay to have wooden chew toys? He loves nawing on sticks and wooden toys but saw somewhere wood was bad for them? Pics below of his old place vs his new place
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Earltheofnutz:

cava (10-03-2017), LR (10-03-2017)

Default Re: 7-8weeks and resisting formula and super picky. Mistakes and corrections possibly

Hi there. Thanks for trying to correct his poor eating habits. There's a nice sticky on the nutrition forum regarding picky eaters and getting them back on track, check it out:

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...h-Picky-Eaters

It reminds you to stick to the food pyramid, which you have.

Don't feel guilty about the new cage, it's beautiful. Sometimes a blanket on the top adds some security in a new, giant cage.

Hang in there and keep trying. You'll get him back on track. Remember, it's not about his or your hurt feelings, it's about his health and life, which is the best gift you can give him.