Thread: Meek is not keeping weight on

Default Meek is not keeping weight on

We have a 7 to 8 month old squrrile her name is Meek and her brother names are crow and Mr q. Meek was always the thickest of them until all of a sudden she started dropping weight. She doesn't eat as much as I like but she does eat nuts acorns and stuff she finds in the wild as they are now release. She started losing before I released her. Now she is showing some scrapes and sores bot bad enough I'd say she need to be under lock down until next spring but one is like red and swelled a but but not punctured. I think the boys think she's something to look at if you know what I mean. Even her brother was sniffing her down there and started to climb on her but he didn't do anything crazy but I think he is kind of thinking about such things. She has unlimited food that she was doing great on even getting way too thick and now she's sooo skinny I think. Her brothers are still healthy weight with mr q being a little chubby. Please any advice would help. Thank you.

Default Re: Meek is not keeping weight on

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...t=#post1363178

This is a thread with pictures and weights if that helps.

She has eattong alot of nuts like I put a pile up beside of the tree for them to hide of winter and I did drop the almonds and walnut and they ate quite a bit while I was trying to clean it up. I do give about 5 or so almonds a day becuase I thought it would at weight and almonds are healthy. But could this not be the case and now I should treat for mbd? No squirrel friendly vets here. How about parasites.

If you just recently released. And she is still eating normal of what you give her. She is fine. She is out being a squirrel getting plenty of exercise from being in a cage. Just keep a watch on her.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Grinderhead from:

LaShae1995 (10-14-2023)

Ok I will it just worried me becuase I thought they were suppose to get really chubby to be able to survive the winter cold and have plenty of fats stored so they didn't starve. I am a over protective squirrel mom if yall can't tell. They're just so dang loveable. I will keep an eye on her like you recommended. Where she got bite I guess by a boy I bet has went down and only has a small scrape there now. She may actually be the one doing the bullying. Idk. Anyways, on a bright note they was released oct 8 23 and they came up today so I locked them up for the night as we heard some strange sounds. I also turned on the eletric fence to give anything a nice little supprise. Thanks again.

Update.. Meek is alot better the extra bowls of water we put out and the extra treats along with her discovering acorn trees and other foods has really helped. She's a healthy weight and looking great. Thanks yall

P.S. Other two also look great.

8. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to LaShae1995:

AnaMM (11-02-2023), Diggie's Friend (11-06-2023), Grinderhead (11-02-2023), Mel1959 (11-02-2023), nikkicreatesart (11-03-2023), SamtheSquirrel2018 (11-12-2023)