Thread: Help! My squirrel is hurt! Any advice please!

mbelzer11 Guest

Exclamation Help! My squirrel is hurt! Any advice please!

I was in the other room and all of a sudden I heard my baby squirrel squawking at the top of his lungs so I ran in to see what was wrong and he had his nose and top teeth hooked on the bar of his cage. He was completely stuck and freaking out. I had to hold him there while my boyfriend pryde of the bars open and we were finally able to free him he is now curled up in a ball and I haven’t been able to look at him because he so scared his mouth was bleeding please help I don’t know what to do!

mbelzer11 Guest

Exclamation Re: Help! My squirrel is hurt! Any advice please!

I am so concerned about my little guy. I have never heard sounds of such fear and pain. I’m sure I’m just overreacting and the wounds are probably just superficial but please if anybody could provide any type of advice would be greatly appreciated thank you

Default Re: Help! My squirrel is hurt! Any advice please!

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby's accident! It is possible that he is just freaked out, but you will need to keep a very close eye on his teeth to be sure they are growing properly. Such an accident can damage the roots of the teeth. I am concerned that you may be using a cage with wider than 1/2" bar spacing. If you are, you must change to one that is smaller spacing so that this can't happen again.
    Prayers for a quick recovery!
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

stepnstone (09-27-2017)

Default Re: Help! My squirrel is hurt! Any advice please!

Quote Originally Posted by mbelzer11 View Post
    I was in the other room and all of a sudden I heard my baby squirrel squawking at the top of his lungs so I ran in to see what was wrong and he had his nose and top teeth hooked on the bar of his cage. He was completely stuck and freaking out. I had to hold him there while my boyfriend pryde of the bars open and we were finally able to free him he is now curled up in a ball and I haven’t been able to look at him because he so scared his mouth was bleeding please help I don’t know what to do!
    Hope your little one is ok.
    May I ask what type of cage this is?
    I'm sure it's one that we will want to stay away from.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

stepnstone (09-27-2017)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.