Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi my name is Melissa and I'm new to this but love my outside squirrels!

Default Re: Hi my name is Melissa and I'm new to this but love my outside squirrels!

Quote Originally Posted by Mbritt7676 View Post
    The can said two Tablespoons of formula to two Tablespoons of warm water. I made sure it was the exact can. It even has the label on top that says what is highlighted on your text.

My can says 1 part powder to 2 parts water.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Mbritt7676 (10-07-2017)

Default Re: Hi my name is Melissa and I'm new to this but love my outside squirrels!

I have always used 1 part powder to 2 parts water? I went to the esbilac website and this is what it says.

If your can of says 2 parts powder to 2 parts water, I almost wonder if it is some fake version?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Mbritt7676 (10-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    I have always used 1 part powder to 2 parts water? I went to the esbilac website and this is what it says.

If your can of says 2 parts powder to 2 parts water, I almost wonder if it is some fake version?
    Exactly I have always done 1:2 like the can says.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Mbritt7676 (10-07-2017)

The can said two Tablespoons of formula to two Tablespoons of warm water. I made sure it was the exact can. It even has the label on top that says what is highlighted on your text.
    I just went through a whole list of different brands of powered puppy formulas and did not find one with feeding directions listed like this.
    Please post a picture front and back of what you are using. Something definitely is not right!
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

LR (10-06-2017), Mbritt7676 (10-02-2017)

Just a quick update on Precious(yes we my grandson named them) My primary goal is still to let them go in our back yard however. We have a good bit of land so except for hawks they should be safe. Precious is doing great the bump is almost gone. Now my question is the other day I went out to feed them and the boy Theodore was outside. He had found or made a hole in the screen. Does this mean they are ready for us to build the outside house and just keep feeding them? I feed them as much formula as they want. I also feed them avacodos, peaches, pears, broccoli and they get a pecan a day as a traat. I ordered the rodent block but it has not come in yet. Please advise me if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks again for all your help.

I forgot to reply to the last post but you were correct when I went back and read it it said two Tablespoons (30ml) of liquid per 4ounces (115g) of body weight daily. I must have been tiers when I read it the first time. I have been mixing it like you said ever since you told me to. Figured you k ow more about them then the puppy people and also myself. Did you see what I'm feeding the while I'm waiting on the rodent block? Does this sound ok?

Talking Re: Hi my name is Melissa and I'm new to this but love my outside squirrels!

Never mind I think I have it all under control. I purchased pellets although they are still not there favorite food. I also added some calcium into there avacodos (that is there favorite food).that way if they were not eating enough pellets they were still getting the calcium they needed. They love there puppy milk and I'm now mixing it correctly. The little girl Precious is all cleared up of her bump thanks to the antibiotics. They are running all over the house yard and up some of my smaller trees as long as I'm outside with them. My husband is going to make them a more permanent home outside so they have a safe place to go but can still interact with other squirrels and I'm going to continue to feed them through the winter. We normally have mild winters around here but I k ow they don't k ow how to forage for themselves yet. If anyone sees that I'm doing something wrong please let me know. Thanks for everyone's help.

Were these babies orphaned as a result of hurricane Irma back on Sept.14? How old are you estimating them to be now? And these babies are actually running around your yard because they chewed through the screen enclosure on the patio? We typically don't like to see them released until 14-16 weeks old. They lack the necessary skills, both for foraging and staying safe, until they are older.

13. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Mbritt7676 (10-07-2017), Nancy in New York (10-06-2017)

Sounds like the canned liquid Esbilac instead of the powdered formula..

I forgot to reply to the last post but you were correct when I went back and read it it said two Tablespoons (30ml) of liquid per 4ounces (115g) of body weight daily. I must have been tiers when I read it the first time. I have been mixing it like you said ever since you told me to. Figured you k ow more about them then the puppy people and also myself. Did you see what I'm feeding the while I'm waiting on the rodent block? Does this sound ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnRobbins View Post
    Sounds like the canned liquid Esbilac instead of the powdered formula..

I sure don't know what they have been eating but do know Esbilac powered puppy formula does not read like the above...
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

LR (10-06-2017)

Scroll up and you can see where Nancy posted a picture of the back of her esbilac can. If I hadn't seen that picture I would have been wondering too. We probably just don't pay it any attention because we follow the 5%-7% rule of thumb.

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

18. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jen413:

LR (10-06-2017), Mbritt7676 (10-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Jen413 View Post
    Scroll up and you can see where Nancy posted a picture of the back of her esbilac can. If I hadn't seen that picture I would have been wondering too. We probably just don't pay it any attention because we follow the 5%-7% rule of thumb.
    Got it!
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

20. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Mbritt7676 (10-07-2017)

Thanks for all your help. They're doing great and I even go a bottle of extra calcium to put in there avacodos. Since I'm having a hard time getting them to eat the pellets. They have been getting use to them they just don't eat as much as they should.

22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mbritt7676 from:

LR (10-06-2017)

Thanks for all your help. They're doing great and I even go a bottle of extra calcium to put in there avacodos. Since I'm having a hard time getting them to eat the pellets. They have been getting use to them they just don't eat as much as they should.

What kind of pellets are you feeding?
    Have you ever tried the picky blocks from Henry's?
    All my squirrels will actually eat these and NOT shred or bury.
    https://www.henryspets.com/squirrel-diet/

24. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

LR (10-07-2017), Mbritt7676 (10-07-2017)

I think they are around 12 weeks now and we were not planning on just releasing them but making more or a cage that they can get in and out of but predators can't. I found one on the internet that looks like it will work. We also are not planning on doing this for a few more weeks so they should be around 14 weeks when we put them in the outdoor cage. Plus it will be right by our front porch so the will have us as watchers. They follow me everywhere now. Yes it was the result of the hurricane and I think they were around 8 or 9 weeks then. They have both super and lower teeth all the way in and there tails are full. They are are around 13 or 14 inches from tip of nose to the tip of there tail and are already hiding food. Lol I keep finding it everywhere. If you feel I'm wrong on the age please let me k ow. Thank youName:  20171006_081522.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  100.7 KBName:  15074045915711581330033.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  118.6 KB

26. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mbritt7676 from:

LR (10-07-2017)

I just went to pet smart and got the brand that said ok for squirrels. I will look and probably order the ones you sugeseted. Thanks again for all the help

28. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mbritt7676:

LR (10-07-2017), Nancy in New York (10-07-2017)

I'm not feeding them the caned it's the power. I just read it wrong the first time. I was looking at the second instructions instead of the first ones. That is done by weight.

30. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mbritt7676:

LR (10-07-2017), stepnstone (10-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    What kind of pellets are you feeding?
    I just went to pet smart and got the brand that said ok for squirrels. I will look and probably order the ones you sugeseted. Thanks again for all the help
    There are several block on the market that may indicate for squirrels that are nothing but junk food that shouldn't be fed.
    You can't go wrong with HHB's in my opinion.
    Pictured below is the commercial block recommended. Many have success getting them to eat them, not all.
    Blue bag only for KeeTee.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

32. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

LR (10-07-2017)

The bottom blue bag is what it have. The girl is now making a nest back in the tree in the exact spot that they fell from. She however still co.e. back for all feedings. I'm still having a hard time getting them to eat the block so I may try that picky squirrel food.

34. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mbritt7676:

cava (10-11-2017), LR (10-11-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12