Thread: How to introduce the Rodent blocks to my babies

Default How to introduce the Rodent blocks to my babies

I just star giving my 6 weeks old babies Rodent Blocks in the morning, they ate a little bit but should I give them the formula with the Rodents blocks or should I give them the formula 4 hours after????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: How to introduce the Rodent blocks to my babies

I'm still a little new to this but I know you are not suppose to give a rodent block in replace of formula.. You should still feed formula like you normally do and just place on block in cage in am and pm for them to nibble on and get used to. Don't introduce any other solids until they are completely eating the blocks but never give rodent block in replace of a formula feeding.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mommas Munchkins:

cava (09-22-2017), Madelin (09-22-2017)

Ok, thanks, I didn't, when I saw that they don ate that much I give them the formula, as I always do but I want to know if that is the right way, thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Madelin View Post
    Ok, thanks, I didn't, when I saw that they don ate that much I give them the formula, as I always do but I want to know if that is the right way, thank you so much
    Sure thing i just started getting mine to eat the blocks. It may take a few days for them to actually start eating them but that's the first solid you want them to eat and eat well before anything other solids other won't eat the blocks. Also just keep them on formula as long as they will take it even when you start the solids a few members have mentioned this In a few different posts.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mommas Munchkins:

cava (09-22-2017), Madelin (09-22-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by rescuemommy View Post
    Sure thing i just started getting mine to eat the blocks. It may take a few days for them to actually start eating them but that's the first solid you want them to eat and eat well before anything other solids other won't eat the blocks. Also just keep them on formula as long as they will take it even when you start the solids a few members have mentioned this In a few different posts.
    Ok, ill do that thank you 😊

Madelin,

As has been said, keep giving the formula at their regular times for as long as they will take it. You will eventually reduce the formula feeding times per day, as in 4 times a day, to 3 times a day to 2 times a day, to once a day, as they grow older it will become obvious when to do this. But let them have formula as long as they will take it. Once they are a lot older, you might be able to offer them warm formula in a dish, but that is a long while out yet. This might coincide when their teeth start chewing up the nipples on the syringes.

Give them a block every day to chew on and get familiar with. Honestly, it was my experience that they did not really eat them in their entirety, until they were down to 2 feedings or less of formula per day. Up until then, they seemed more to "shred them", this is normal. Kind of an expensive shred toy, but it gets them used to the product which is very beneficial. I think it might be that they are getting lots of protein already in the formula, so their bodies are not wanting more protein which is in the blocks. Not much we can to do about that, because they need to learn to eat them, so we have to offer them, even though they do a lot of shredding at first, for months.....

Hope that helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighten-Up View Post
    Madelin,

As has been said, keep giving the formula at their regular times for as long as they will take it. You will eventually reduce the formula feeding times per day, as in 4 times a day, to 3 times a day to 2 times a day, to once a day, as they grow older it will become obvious when to do this. But let them have formula as long as they will take it. Once they are a lot older, you might be able to offer them warm formula in a dish, but that is a long while out yet. This might coincide when their teeth start chewing up the nipples on the syringes.

Give them a block every day to chew on and get familiar with. Honestly, it was my experience that they did not really eat them in their entirety, until they were down to 2 feedings or less of formula per day. Up until then, they seemed more to "shred them", this is normal. Kind of an expensive shred toy, but it gets them used to the product which is very beneficial. I think it might be that they are getting lots of protein already in the formula, so their bodies are not wanting more protein which is in the blocks. Not much we can to do about that, because they need to learn to eat them, so we have to offer them, even though they do a lot of shredding at first, for months.....

Hope that helps a little.
    Thank you so much, it helps a lot, and yes you are right, they do a lot of shredding jejejeje,