Thread: Seeking rehabber in southern Ontario

FSilveira Guest

Default Seeking rehabber in southern Ontario

Hi,

My youngest child came across a baby squirrel in the middle of the road. He moved the squirrel to the sidewalk but the squirrel climbed on him and wouldn't let go. He tried several times to put it down and leave but either the squirrel climbed on him or ran to the road again. So, not knowing any better, he brought the squirrel home. I tried taking it back to the same place and leaving him there but he did the same again. I had never seen anything like this and have no experience with squirrels so I brought him back home and tried finding a rehabber close to me I could hand it over.
    The local humane society told me, in front of my son, that if we left it there, it would be euthanized. While I understand that it's sometimes the only viable option, I couldn't leave him behind particularly after seeing the look on my son's face.
    So, here I am again, trying to locate a rehabber. I've tried several listed on the Ontario wildlife rescue website, they either are not taking any or have not returned calls. The larger one that may take animals won't serve my area so I'm in a tough spot here.
    I would love to be able to reintroduce him into the wild.
    Problem is that after reading a lot of the posts on the forum, I realize my house is the least conducive to a proper reintroduction. I have a postage stamp for backyard and it backs onto a school. No woods, no trees. So, I'm back to trying to find a rehabber or someone with more experience than me in my area to take over the weaning and reintroduction into the wild.
    Any help is appreciated.

F

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to FSilveira from:

KarmaKay (09-20-2017)

Runestonez Guest

Default Re: Seeking rehabber in southern Ontario

I am an Authorized rehabber in Ontario.
    I am located in Guelph.

4. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Runestonez:

cava (09-20-2017), KarmaKay (09-20-2017), Milo's Mom (09-20-2017)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.