Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: My last two babies

Default Re: My last two babies

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    The videos worked great!
    Look at these two little munchkins, they look great.
    Another hit with mine is avocado. NO skin and NO pit.
    Cut 2 little chunks about the size of a quarter for both.
    (no skin)
    Mine also love the sugar snap peas, but they MUST be sugar snap.

Glad you can post videos now.
    Great I will try the Avacodo and will give some sugar snap peas I have tons of hose my turtles love them. They have only really just today started to actually try the cauliflower the didn't touch the green beans or broccoli steams yet but will try the other ones. They are getting so big and spunky thanks to you guys.

2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to rescuemommy:

cava (10-03-2017), LynnRobbins (10-07-2017), Nancy in New York (10-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by rescuemommy View Post
    They are getting so big and spunky thanks to you guys.

Well I think the biggest thanks goes to YOU!

4. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

lennysmom (10-03-2017), LynnRobbins (10-07-2017), rescuemommy (10-03-2017)

Thumbs down Re: My last two babies

Wanted to get the babies a few more options on solids I have been giving cauliflower, green beans, snap peas, broccoli and kale. I wanted to maybe add mushrooms can I get any kind? I also have iceburg head of lettuce was going to giv a few pieces. Any other good ones they like.? I wanted to maybe also get the a treat like a fruits what's the best or easiest to start them with I see the options on the chart I didn't see are clementines those ok for them without the skin? They are also still doing the formula three feedings a day and blocks at least twice a day and have oak, willow, pine cone and apple sticks to crew on. Just want to get a few more choices for them and ones that everyone else seems to have success with so I save some money from wasted food. Some updates pics of them sorry there all sideways 😩
    Attached Images Attached Images       

6. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to rescuemommy:

lennysmom (10-09-2017), LynnRobbins (10-07-2017), Nancy in New York (10-09-2017)

Oh they are so darn cute!! Spring mix is a good alternative to iceberg. Mine liked apple, blueberry, grape and watermelon the best. You can get those sliced watermelon trays at the supermarket if you don't want to buy an entire melon.

I stuck with plain, white button mushrooms (easy to find, inexpensive). You can also try avocado. The trick is to slice a small part off of the top and serve only the actual fruit inside. Put the rest in a container in the fridge. You just scrape off the discolored part next time and there's the green stuff underneath. It last a lot longer than if you cut the whole thing in half. Never feed the peel or seed.

Also, it helped to spend a few hours prepping everything and putting them in storage containers, rather than hauling everything out to cut a tiny piece off for one meal. I liked those big rectangular storage containers (almost the size of casserole dish) and I'd divide it up with smaller plastic containers each with a different veg/fruit in them.

Hope that helps. So glad they are doing well!

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to cava:

lennysmom (10-09-2017), Nancy in New York (10-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by cava View Post
    Oh they are so darn cute!! Spring mix is a good alternative to iceberg. Mine liked apple, blueberry, grape and watermelon the best. You can get those sliced watermelon trays at the supermarket if you don't want to buy an entire melon.

I stuck with plain, white button mushrooms (easy to find, inexpensive). You can also try avocado. The trick is to slice a small part off of the top and serve only the actual fruit inside. Put the rest in a container in the fridge. You just scrape off the discolored part next time and there's the green stuff underneath. It last a lot longer than if you cut the whole thing in half. Never feed the peel or seed.

Also, it helped to spend a few hours prepping everything and putting them in storage containers, rather than hauling everything out to cut a tiny piece off for one meal. I liked those big rectangular storage containers (almost the size of casserole dish) and I'd divide it up with smaller plastic containers each with a different veg/fruit in them.

Hope that helps. So glad they are doing well!
    Great thanks Cava! I have been preparing there veggies I front all mixed together and leave in container like you say it just so much faster and easier that way. I will try the spring mix for them as well and will get the white mushrooms and couple of those fruits for them as a treat just to switch it up a little for them! Thanks so much for all the help they are little crazy munchkins these days climbing and running on everything lol

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to rescuemommy from:

cava (10-07-2017)

Suggestions for keeping these little munchkins off my face they love to jump on my head and shoulder and run up my head I wear a hoodie but last night one scratch my eye with there fingernail and now mommy get to walk around with a eye patch for a week.. I need full body armor with these crazies. Hoodie, sweats, beenie now to add to the list eye glasses I guess. Around what age also can you leave a shallow sish of formula for them instead of the syringe it's just getting really hard to feed one at a time they get mad and when left in cage while others being fed they will chew on the Metal bars or pee on me through the cage like that are mad at me or something.. Suggestions.?

We all understand how sharp babies can be. I got it on the face, eyelid and mouth with last year's babies.

I would suggest taking babies out of the room to feed. It will let the baby eating have some peace and quiet and may not incite quite a riot from the ones waiting on deck to be fed.

13. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to cava:

LynnRobbins (10-11-2017), rescuemommy (10-09-2017)

We all understand how sharp babies can be. I got it on the face, eyelid and mouth with last year's babies.

I would suggest taking babies out of the room to feed. It will let the baby eating have some peace and quiet and may not incite quite a riot from the ones waiting on deck to be fed.

Ouch yes I definitely have straches all over me even with everything I wear that's just part of it I supposed the eye doc said I have a really bad scratch on eye so just antibiotics and a patch for now yes perfect for halloween. They defiantly have got my face lip and eye lid but this was first time on the eyeball was awful but can't blame them they don't lmao any better. They are loving the new foods you guys recommended and I'm letting them get there one treat a day from the hubby in hopes to bond some they are pretty aggressive towards him which I assuming is normal and how a wild animal should be.

15. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to rescuemommy:

cava (10-09-2017), LynnRobbins (10-11-2017), Nancy in New York (10-09-2017)

Yes they are little monsters to everyone but their primary caretaker...and sometimes they are monsters to us too.

17. Serious fuzzy thank you's to cava from:

LynnRobbins (10-11-2017)

So I know this is still a ways down the road however I have noticed we have a decent size wild squirrel population in our yard due to where we live and all the pin oak trees we have some are very agressive/ territorial hey even bark at us when we walk in the yard lol so when it's times the releasing process for the my babies will these wilds run them away out of the yard or bet them up. I think I'm just being a worried momma but I was just curious. I know I shouldn't feed my babies true acorns in the yard but when they get out in the wild will the be able to determine which acorns are ok out there to eat like the wilds.? I just was curious and am starting to already worry about release its amazing how easy these babie steal or heart and we become attached so quickly. Thanks for the help everyone. Bigger cage is almost complete i am excited for them to have tons of climb room and see them play. Btw cava they love love apples they each get one slice a day and just go crazy for it.

19. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to rescuemommy:

cava (10-11-2017), LynnRobbins (10-11-2017)

Also does anyone know if the mix nuts bag from squirrels and more is a ok choice of but to give them one a day as a treat the nuts are "Mixed nuts (shell-on) consisting of almonds, filberts and walnuts. These nuts are human quality (meaning high-quality) so you'll be able to munch with your squirrels." Or would the peanut sticks from Henry's healthy pets be a better option..

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to rescuemommy from:

LynnRobbins (10-11-2017)

Do you feed the wild squirrels in you yard? If so, I would definitely stop now so that more won't move into the area to be near a food source. I hate to say it, but wilds will get aggressive over territory with new releases sometimes. Do you have a lot of trees in your yard? As the time draws closer to release time, it will be a decision you have to make as to whether or not to release in your yard, but you have plenty of time to think about that, so try not to worry too much. I know its hard not to, believe me. But enjoy those little sweeties to the fullest while they are with you. The good thing is, where ever you decide to release, they will have eachother out there.

Those nuts sound fine to me, as long as you stick with one or no more then two a day. Also be aware that sometimes shelled nuts can cause agression in squirrels, so if you notice that, you may want to cut them out for now.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

23. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

LynnRobbins (10-11-2017), Nancy in New York (10-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lennysmom View Post
    Do you feed the wild squirrels in you yard? If so, I would definitely stop now so that more won't move into the area to be near a food source. I hate to say it, but wilds will get aggressive over territory with new releases sometimes. Do you have a lot of trees in your yard? As the time draws closer to release time, it will be a decision you have to make as to whether or not to release in your yard, but you have plenty of time to think about that, so try not to worry too much. I know its hard not to, believe me. But enjoy those little sweeties to the fullest while they are with you. The good thing is, where ever you decide to release, they will have eachother out there.

Those nuts sound fine, but just make sure to limit nuts as occasional treats, no more then two a day, so they will continue to eat their healthily stuff.

No we don't feed the wilds we just have tons or trees mostly oak trees in our yard tons and tons of tree on our 11 acres so I figured there should be plenty of room but we do not feed wilds at all they just have tons of food options on our property which is also next the state park I figured it should ok and that my two babies will stick together and they are aggressive already themselves when someone new comes around them or there food they atrack there the cage which I can't say I don't mind as they are wild after all and need to know how to do that. With all the room in our yard and trees I figure we should be ok and they should be able to find there own spot And the wilds leave them alone. I have notice that the boy squirrel as started climbing up on the girls back butt area I don't think it's anything sexual maybe establishing Dominic's maybe..? I also got them a few deer antler pieces and only give one piece of fruit to each of them a day and wanted to start giving one but each but they don't get those till night after they have eaten there healthy greens formula and they are still shredding the rodent blocks they prefer those most times over the fruit

25. Serious fuzzy thank you's to rescuemommy from:

LynnRobbins (10-11-2017)

Oh that's wonderful that you have so much wooded land. With that big of an area, they should have room to spread out even if the wilds do get territorial. Their time in the RC before release will help with the wilding up process too.

Their behavior does sound like establishing dominance to me. They are too young to be sexually mature and squirrels raised together in captivity rarely ever mate, especially not siblings. I'm glad to hear they are eating so well.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

27. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

LynnRobbins (10-11-2017), rescuemommy (10-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lennysmom View Post
    Oh that's wonderful that you have so much wooded land. With that big of an area, they should have room to spread out even if the wilds do get territorial. Their time in the RC before release will help with the wilding up process too.

Their behavior does sound like establishing dominance to me. They are too young to be sexually mature and squirrels raised together in captivity rarely ever mate, especially not siblings. I'm glad to hear they are eating so well.
    Yeah with all the trees on our property and park around us I figured they will be fine and still will keep there cage outside for as long as they will need it or want it so they can still come say hi, we dont on moving but if someday that happens they should also still be ok without me by or if that ever happens. I figured with them being siblings they wouldn't be doing that for any sexual or mating purpose and especially with them so young. I'm so happythey are eating so well as well and they are so healthy they can't even be weight anymore they are just to crazy they can't stay still lol I can't wait to get them out of the small wire cage Into the home made cage that's 8ft by 4ft or a little smaller they have so much jumping and claiming on me that I know they are ready for the big one and they are not even really using there heat source anymore but will still provide one. I try to record them playing but they are so wild and fast and most of there playing is jumps off the cage onto mommas head and then chase each other around my body and then back on the cage and my head they are just so crazy it just warms my heart

29. Serious fuzzy thank you's to rescuemommy from:

LynnRobbins (10-11-2017)

I'm glad they like the apples. I buy human nuts in the shell when they're on sale and remove the Brazil nuts (they can't have them) and I would give one a day also (after the stinkers ate their healthy foods). I'm looking forward to seeing them in their new cage. I agree to quit feeding the wilds. I have a pretty large squirrel population as well but there is never any fighting around here. The chipmunks sit one foot away from the grays out in the yard and everyone just tolerates everyone. But I was still worried. When mine were in the release cage every single neighborhood squirrel, it seemed, came onto the deck to check them out. Thankfully Frances was a big old biotch and screamed at them until they got tired of it and left. She now lives in a tree 20 feet from the deck and Basil lives in the front yard, I think. They both still come around but could care less if I'm alive or dead as long as there are nuts on the bottom deck when they get up in the morning.

31. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to cava:

lennysmom (10-11-2017), LynnRobbins (10-11-2017)

I'm glad they like the apples. I buy human nuts in the shell when they're on sale and remove the Brazil nuts (they can't have them) and I would give one a day also (after the stinkers ate their healthy foods). I'm looking forward to seeing them in their new cage. I agree to quit feeding the wilds. I have a pretty large squirrel population as well but there is never any fighting around here. The chipmunks sit one foot away from the grays out in the yard and everyone just tolerates everyone. But I was still worried. When mine were in the release cage every single neighborhood squirrel, it seemed, came onto the deck to check them out. Thankfully Frances was a big old biotch and screamed at them until they got tired of it and left. She now lives in a tree 20 feet from the deck and Basil lives in the front yard, I think. They both still come around but could care less if I'm alive or dead as long as there are nuts on the bottom deck when they get up in the morning.
    Great that puts me a easy I bought them a bag of nuts from Chris"s squirrels and more they are human grade and were pretty cheap a 1lb got $6-9 bucks wasn't bad. They come with almonds, filberts and walnuts all in shells those are all ok for them right and I can just leave them in the shells? I plan on only giving one a day like I do with there fruit I usually give to them right before bed after they ate all healthy greens and formula all day. I'm so excited to see them start playing in the big cage they are so wild. I think my babies will be just fine in wild as they are already super aggressive to everyone or thing that comes in there room besides me the bark and jump at the cage until they leave. We have never feed the wilds and I don't plan on it we just have so many oaks and acorns there plenty for the squirrels, groundhog, Deers, possums and chipmunks all to share and they all seem to all keep to themselves.

33. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to rescuemommy:

cava (10-12-2017), LynnRobbins (10-12-2017)

Yes all of those nuts you named are fine to give one a day and yes, you can give the nuts in shell to them - cracking them open is good for their teeth too. Sounds like they are full of energy and I'm sure they will be happy to have more room to romp around in.

35. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

cava (10-12-2017), LynnRobbins (10-12-2017), Nancy in New York (10-12-2017)

These sweet snuggle bugs oh how I hate these cages messing up all the good shots!! Great everyone sorry for all the questions and if I have asked the same questions twice I just want to make sure everything is 100% for these sweet babies so they are the healthiest and happiest that they can be. Videos to come hoping by his weekend of there new how built cage and set up I can't wait idk who is more excited about getting the cage done me or them. You all are truly a blessing to have couldn't have done this without you. Pumpkin and Henry thank you.. Those stinkers hit pieces of carrot, blocks and broccoli in mommas hair today while she was cleaning there cage silly mommy for thinking they were just eating I knew they were being to calm and up to know good. 😂
    Attached Images Attached Images   

37. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to rescuemommy:

lennysmom (10-12-2017), LynnRobbins (10-12-2017), Nancy in New York (10-12-2017)

Oh, look at those two little cuties! Henry and Pumpkin are developing their squirrelly character - I can just see them hiding veggies in your hair.

39. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

LynnRobbins (10-12-2017), Nancy in New York (10-12-2017)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast